Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG offers Master of Orion and Realms of Arkania discounts

DaveO

Erudite
MoO1 and 2 are going for $3.59 with RoA1 and 2 also going for the same price. Sale ends on Monday.

Rogue

Educated
I think it's high time I spent some time playing MoO.

HotSnack

Cipher
This was the sale that finally pushed me to buy something from GoG, haven't seen a better selection of games in a sale.

I'm hooked on GoG now, the port of RoA is really nice.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
HotSnack said:
This was the sale that finally pushed me to buy something from GoG, haven't seen a better selection of games in a sale.

I'm hooked on GoG now, the port of RoA is really nice.

AFAIK It doesn't play CD quality music. At least I couldn't figure out how. If it can do that then it's nice, otherwise it's a ripoff.

made

Arcane
The CD versions of RoA were a pita to set up in dosbox. I'd happily take the GOG installer if they offered the German version of the series.

HotSnack

Cipher
SCO said:
Port?

Goddammit learn to use dosbox.
To clarify, you still run the GoG version through dosbox, but they set it up so you don't have to fiddle with the configurations as you normally would.

I'm not sure if it's because it's a new version of dosbox or because GoG fixed up RoA, but I remember back when I tried to play RoA through dosbox casting lightning (i.e. that bread and butter combat spell) would mess up your screen.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Realms of Arkania is quite awesome, I believe part 2 was the first RPG I played to completion. Can really recommend the series. For the graphic whores there's always part 3 with 3D graphics (at least the exploration part, combat is still 'bird eye' 2D).

Still not sure why it's called Realms of Arkania in English though... the main continent is called something else and there are no gods called Arkania either - anybody can share some light on this?

In Germany the series is called 'Das Schwarze Auge' after the RPG system of the same name. The translation of the RPG system is called The Dark Eye. So it makes even less sense that they slapped another name on the Computer Game Series in terms of recognition value.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom