Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SCREENSHOTS RUSSIAN SITE! OBLIION

STASKO

Novice
There were some Illegal screenshots about Oblivion on a russion site but they have been removed from that site. But is there someone that has those screens on his pc or on the web? So please if you have a link to those pictures i thank you! :wink:

STASKO

Novice
I heard thetre were over 35 screens so has somebody a link??? or can someone post the images here?

Balor

Arcane
Begone, you, disgrace to your country.
Better ask Nomad or Santera of AG.ru for them... doubt that you'll get anything, though.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Mind your manners

STASKO said:
SCREENSHOTS RUSSIAN SITE! OBLIION

Dearest friend, I and surely many other codexers would be much more likely to help thee if thou wouldst refrain from typing thy topic in capital letters because that is the hallmark of the moron. Besides, it <b> makes my eyes bleed like hell you impolite goon so don't ever do that again or I will apply my pathology skills on you and strangle you with your own intestines, oaf.</b>

Sorry, but we have to maintain a certain degree of etiquette.

Drakron

Arcane
Yes, we might call other users things such as "morons" and "faggots" and make sneaky links to shocking images but we are not BARBARIANS ... typing in all caps is were we draw the line.

Vival

Augur
I wouldn't recommend looking at these horrible pictures. Most who saw all of them are DEAD now! So stop searching them, for your own good.

Balor

Arcane
Yea, at least I saw them, and I nearly died yesterday... and one never know what future day will bring. It kinda proves what Vival said.

yipsl

Scholar
I saw them when they were out, but I didn't save them. The big deal with the Russian screenshots was this:

The Russian site got an unoptimized beta that was months old. They got it from the localization company which gave it out for a preview. Even the devs weren't sure about the legality of that since it not only involves the localization contract, but also Russian law.

The problem with the beta was that it had an ini that had to be set up properly every day. The screenshots were interesting but did not reflect the current state of the game because the ini wasn't finalized. The devs said that they would eventually provide playable builds to selected previewers once they had a stable version.

At any rate, the game will be out soon and we'll see hoards of screenshots from previewers, reviewers and fans. All legal.

So, be patient.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
yipsl said:
The Russian site got an unoptimized beta that was months old.
Actually, given Oblivion has been delayed now, I think those screenshots were much more indicative of the Real Thingâ„¢ then Bethesda were willing to admit.

Drakron

Arcane
Bethsoft did not wanted because the screenshoots were not taken at max resolution with everything on ... and likely running at 10 FPS on the adverage computer build.

The screenshoots were ugly but likely representative on how it would like for most people.

Bethsoft gone in a merry-go-round with several excuses about it, they were taken down because its easy to blackmail review sites when are doing previews.

yipsl

Scholar
Drakron said:
Bethsoft did not wanted because the screenshoots were not taken at max resolution with everything on ... and likely running at 10 FPS on the adverage computer build.

The screenshoots were ugly but likely representative on how it would like for most people.

Bethsoft gone in a merry-go-round with several excuses about it, they were taken down because its easy to blackmail review sites when are doing previews.

Well, I'm sure if it had a finalized ini that it would have looked better. The computer they had was, if I remember right, a P4 3.4 with two vanilla Geforce 6800's. Not exactly a low end PC.

They probably put the pressure on the localization company, which put pressure on the game site.

dagamer667

Liturgist
yipsl said:
I saw them when they were out, but I didn't save them. The big deal with the Russian screenshots was this:

The Russian site got an unoptimized beta that was months old. They got it from the localization company which gave it out for a preview. Even the devs weren't sure about the legality of that since it not only involves the localization contract, but also Russian law.

The problem with the beta was that it had an ini that had to be set up properly every day. The screenshots were interesting but did not reflect the current state of the game because the ini wasn't finalized. The devs said that they would eventually provide playable builds to selected previewers once they had a stable version.

At any rate, the game will be out soon and we'll see hoards of screenshots from previewers, reviewers and fans. All legal.

So, be patient.

I believe the really big deal was that the dialogs and other windows had Fisher Price fonts like the one in this reply, indicating that the development was effectively bounded by the XBox limitations similar to the way DX2 was.

mislavB

Novice
yea, i saw those screens...they were illegal and looked qute crappy, probably played on a low end pc-don't know.

Lumpy

Arcane
WE HAVE SEEN THE UBERLY BIG FONTS IN 2 VIDEOS AND A COUPLE OF LEGAL SCREENS SO THERE'S NO BIG DEAL.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
mislavB said:
yea, i saw those screens...they were illegal and looked qute crappy, probably played on a low end pc-don't know.
If you don't know, what is the value of your post? The screens weren't illegal, even Bethesda admitted that later. The screens didn't look like they were from an unoptimized build, they looked like they were from an unfinished, poorly made build with many issues and even textures missing (the horse's eyes, for example).

Sabregirl

Scholar
I have a modified version of one of them - the one with the female argonian . . . *shudders*

Unfortunately I chopped out the original dialogue and replaced the head with a MW one (you don't want to know how horribly ugly the original head was) but everything else is original.

-S

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom