Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Q3 speedrunning highlight left me speechless.

Destroid

Arcane
I had no idea this sort of competition existed for Q3. It's essentially players speedrunning obstacle courses in Q3, rather than the usual DM etc. I doubt I would enjoy playing it terribly much, but it's certainly impressive to watch.

meh

Educated
From 12:46, I mean, how can't you love this stuff?

Stakhanov

Augur
The art of traversal in classic shooters like Q3 is something that really needs to be recuperated by developers. Why take cover when you can take flight?

MetalCraze

Arcane
I'd actually gladly play a first person platformer like this on Q3 engine. Seems like Q3's gameplay is already good enough for this. That crazy speed, plasma-wallrunning, huge jumps and all.

I'm struggling to believe the video wasn't sped up :eek:
That's a glorious PC gaming speed bro. Lay off your untermensch Xbawks.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
That part with the castle jumping is fucking amazing, I'm struggling to believe the video wasn't sped up :eek:

You know, Q3 actually has deathmatch mods that play at comparable speeds, complete with the bullshit movement physics necessary for controlling your momentum in midair.:smug:

Yes, Q3 is makes for a pretty amazing platformer game.

One for the ages. Not a speed run, but it involves lots of very complicated rocket, grenade jumps and wall running

The whole Event Horizon series is excellent also and is more of a team based style of trick jumping with some impressive highlingsts involving the railgun and plasma running off of each other

Nex

Cipher
whilst I am really bad at it, I really do love a good q3/ql dm. What are the major tournys for 2012?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom