Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why Oblivion will be the greatest RPG, based on facts

spacemoose

Erudite
angelos said:

I'll try to condense the reasons why the codex is the way it is for you.

1. A typical codexer likes choices with consequences and turn-based combat in his/her RPGs
2. Good dialogue and fleshed-out NPCs make the choices/consequences feel that much more real
3. Graphics and immersiveness are great, but they are secondary features
4. The codexers are a small niche in the gaming market
5. Games that we like are not being made
6. We want the games that we like to be made
7. Buying games that we don't like will result in more games that we don't like being made
8. Whining is the only alternative left to us, besides making the games we want by ourselves (see VD's Age of Decadence)
9. Get the fuck out

Venom

Scholar
I am looking forward to Oblivion yet nobody told me to get the fuck out yet...I feel left out!

And angelos...Do you see any Codexer going around other sites flaming Oblivion? Nope they do it here, as it is their site.

Stop your whining.

Voltare

Liturgist
img_3416416.html
im sorrry, but if you guys think that oblivion has ugly graphics, there is something wrong with you.
( he made me do it ...nitpick in progress!!)

Retard....look at that pic for a second. Realise it's in the forest.It's raining.It's dark.Where in the hell is the light on this guy's helmet , shoulder and other parts friggin' coming from?Does everyone in Oblivi{ous} carry their own little sun, hovering just a few feet off of them? Or is the player character holding his "swrod of awsemome lightyness" high and to the left?and check out the blurry texture on that rock.....c'mon ...millions of dollars in development mpney....and I can texture a rock better?

Drain

Scholar
Voltare said:
img_3416416.html
im sorrry, but if you guys think that oblivion has ugly graphics, there is something wrong with you.
( he made me do it ...nitpick in progress!!)

Retard....look at that pic for a second. Realise it's in the forest.It's raining.It's dark.Where in the hell is the light on this guy's helmet , shoulder and other parts friggin' coming from?Does everyone in Oblivi{ous} carry their own little sun, hovering just a few feet off of them? Or is the player character holding his "swrod of awsemome lightyness" high and to the left?and check out the blurry texture on that rock.....c'mon ...millions of dollars in development mpney....and I can texture a rock better?
lp18hj.jpg

These look like lamp posts with unlit lanterns. There can be another (lit one) that we don't see.

piydek

Cipher
i do not consider myself to belong to this lot (rpg codex), but opening topic of this thread is one of the most stupid ones i've read recently.

trying to reply to it, with all the thought flaws in it would be suicide for myself. you are so wrong in so many things. so clearly inexperienced and stupid, yet arrogant enough to post your stupidity so blatantly and saying everyone else is wrong. your thoughts on amiga, atari, graphics and games in general are pitiful at best. check back in when you take off your diapers.

Abernathy

Scholar
piydek said:
i do not consider myself to belong to this lot (rpg codex), but opening topic of this thread is one of the most stupid ones i've read recently.

trying to reply to it, with all the thought flaws in it would be suicide for myself. you are so wrong in so many things. so clearly inexperienced and stupid, yet arrogant enough to post your stupidity so blatantly and saying everyone else is wrong. your thoughts on amiga, atari, graphics and games in general are pitiful at best. check back in when you take off your diapers.

heh - it's a pisstake. We don't know who it was, but it was obviously done well enough to fool some people, wasn't it? :roll:

piydek

Cipher
Abernathy said:
piydek said:

heh - it's a pisstake. We don't know who it was, but it was obviously done well enough to fool some people, wasn't it? :roll:

i do believe it was genuine stupidity. if it was done on purpose as a "pisstake", as you say, then congratulations to that person.

Abernathy

Scholar
piydek said:
i do believe it was genuine stupidity. if it was done on purpose as a "pisstake", as you say, then congratulations to that person.

Read the original post again - the game choices were obviously deliberate, as they were without exception the worst possible examples. That (for me at least) was the clincher, otherwise I would probably have agreed with you :)

Abernathy

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:
It's a "pisstake". Brilliant stuff. I checked the IP, it's an alt.

Shit - should we do a poll on who we think the perp was? :)

I won't offer an opinion, as I'm allergic to shitfights...

Lumpy

Arcane
Venom said:
I am looking forward to Oblivion yet nobody told me to get the fuck out yet...I feel left out!
That's because they don't tell people who are looking forward to Oblivion (like me, Ghan, Solik, Galsiah and many others) to fuck off. They are telling that to idiots.

sanibonani

Novice
Oarfish said:
A superb trolling sir :) The doorknob analogy deserves particular praise.

:lol:

LOL. Brevity is the soul of wit!

This is the one and only reply that was required for this thread.

Astarsis

Novice
That must be a joke, right?

You rally mean to say Mount and Blade is 1000% SUPERIOR ?

With real physic (rather than physic enabled clutter and rape enabled bodies)
and really crazy skirmish and real AI (as oposed to schedule AI)

oh and yes real combat both mounted and on foot and well balanced using the terrain :D

The funny part is that despite it's high end graphics oblivion don't even look that good.

they cut down from the 100s of creatures (50 x subtypes) down to barely 30, most of them undeads. nearly no animals. where are the birds and chickens ?

many faces are downright ugly, (some are nice, but that doesn't excuse the ugly ones)

the underwear is ridiculous once again.

the ladies look like men

I guess I just sted my breath defending a company that didn't really deserve a second chance

I wonder how much $$$ it costed them to get all those fake reviews. the same footage as the gamespot 12 hours marathon is shown elsewhere, proving it was a hoax and prefab videos scenes.

when one need to pay to get reviews it look bad.

No wonder they didn't want to answer the 4th fan interview.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Because it's based on FACTS!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom