Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Let's raise $5,000 for Dead State.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
$285881 pledged with 10 hours to go. Less than $15k needed to reach the $300k stretch goal.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well seems that they'll reach 300,000 after all and pretty much get all the decent stretch goals. The ones at 340,000 and above are grasping and derpy(dog allies?). I'm happy to realise that I only needed to risk $15 to see how this pans out and not need to pledge more to get all the stretch goals worth getting.:smug:

Ironic how a TB squad game gets much more love with the public at large than with the Codex...:troll:

(Of course I know that the general public just think it's gonna be an awesum action zombie game hence the support.)

Probably more than Age of Decadence got in preorders. :(

Why the sad face? AoD got the number of preorders it deserved. Choose your own adventures went out of fashion in the 1980's.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
I've never seen anything like that last 10 minutes before. My brain fucking exploded. SO AWESOME. We have animals now, oh fuck yes, we have animals now. I am ELATED. This is going to be fucking dope. :D

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
To all Codexians who chipped in - thank you guys really deeply and sincerely. With all my game designer powers, I will work to make Dead State worthy of your trust and contributions, and help bring about the Incline. HOORAY THE GREAT INCLINE!

EG

Nullified
To all Codexians who chipped in - thank you guys really deeply and sincerely. With all my game designer powers, I will work to make Dead State worthy of your trust and contributions, and help bring about the Incline. HOORAY THE GREAT INCLINE!

Now that youre rich (compared to myself), where will you spend your sudden retirement? Too soon?

MCA

CROUCHING AND CRAWLING IN COMBAT + ZOMBIE GRAPPLING + FIREARMS DOUBLE AS LAST RESORT MELEE

Angthoron

Arcane
Hooray Annie! Great to see you've got so much support :)

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Impressive, most impressive!

Can't wait to get my Splendid Box in the mail! I really am glad for you guys and I am very impressed you got over 300k. Yeah, the game idea is great but you don't have the pedigree of Fargo or Schafer so this amount is even more encouraging. Encouraging in the fact that over 10,000 people want a good turn-based cRPG that doesn't have Biowarian or Bethesda influences ;)!

kazgar

Arcane
I'm a idiot and forgot this finished while I was sleeping. (has happened with about 3 kickstarters now)

Oh well, congrats, I guess i'll buy it retail!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
:P so when's the first person shooter sequel coming?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Impressive, most impressive!

Can't wait to get my Splendid Box in the mail! I really am glad for you guys and I am very impressed you got over 300k. Yeah, the game idea is great but you don't have the pedigree of Fargo or Schafer so this amount is even more encouraging. Encouraging in the fact that over 10,000 people want a good turn-based cRPG that doesn't have Biowarian or Bethesda influences ;)!

Yeah well you won't have a Tex Murphy box...unlike me....feel that sting in the back of your head? That's the demon of incompleteness fucking with you..:smug:

Meanwhile back at Iron Tower when word of the lost opportunity got through....

crying-hitler1.jpg

MCA
This will suck. Craptastic primitive combat where you cannot even crouch or crawl. Conventional rigidity with weapons. Single shelter the whole game ie no migration drama. How will the game even begin, straight at the shelter? if we start elsewhere initially and arrive at the shelter shortly, everyone will miss that freedom and uncertainty at the beginning and will get bored of the shelter. To keep shelter interesting, they will likely do lots of scripted events ie biowarian shit. This game was doomed the moment it was conceptualized.

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom