Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

An Oblivion Review

RuySan

Augur
well...at least it got 4 starts and not five

Digitalizar.jpg

Licaon_Kter

Augur
it's between ROACH HOTEL and POO POO DREAMS ????
so ROACH HOTEL has, what, 3 stars, and POO POO DREAMS 5, right? also it's a tie with ESCAPE 2, OBlivion has an escape too(2 :D) so thats correct...

June 1993... righhhhhttttttt instant clasic. Whats a Telescan 1200? amiga/c64/?

Drain

Scholar
Hmm... "Not 1200 compatible". Indeed you will have a hard time trying to run Oblivion on something like PIII-1200

Section8

Cipher
Was the 1200 Commodore's last ditch effort when they started falling behind the curve? Or was that the 4000? Fucked if I know, but we had a 500 that was fucking tops for many years.

Nog Robbin

Scholar
Section8 said:
Was the 1200 Commodore's last ditch effort when they started falling behind the curve?
Could well be. I had a 1200 for a while - and you have to remember this is when PC gaming was becoming more popular, and PC's becoming more accepted as home computers. The 1200 still had a shitty DS/DD 3.5" floppy (not even HD if I remember rightly), and no hard drive as standard. The hard drive you could get was overpriced for what it was as well. Because a hard drive wasn't standard, games were often designed to run from floppies - an absolute nightmare or any reasonably involving game because of all the disc changes.

Section8

Cipher
have two major complaints. The first is the enormous collection of little things that ruin the game experience—not bugs, but quirks and idiosyncrasies; design decisions so half-assed that they have no right being in a game this good. More on those in a minute.

The second is that no matter how hard I tried, I never felt like I was part of the world of Oblivion. I could not immerse. It felt not like a living place but like a disconnected series of questlets. And that's a serious problem, but it's also a very subjective one.

Fat chicks are fucking awesome.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom