Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Knights of pnp +1

Unwanted

Frian Bargo

Kosmonaut's Alt
I just played this little gem from Behold Studios and it is quite good. It is available for both android and PC. If you get it, make sure to get the PC version from the devs website or steam.

Basically, the game revolves around a gamemaster and upto 3-5 players. It is a single player game though, not multiplayer. It's a pnp rpg within a crpg.You control all 3-5 players, and can even influence the dungeonmaster. The gameplay is open ended, with many things to do.

Yes the game can get repetitive, but it offers a lot of bang for the buck, though I admit the PC version is overprice, especially when you conider the monetization i.e. you can either grind for gold in the game or purchase it directly from pandemic. Gold can get you a lot of things in the game, from actual in game benefits that are minor but fun, to improving the surroundings of the gaming table. You can even buy a brand new table in various flavors, or even a new gamemaster.

This game is a pick up and play game where you need to burn an hour or two but don't want anything especially deep or complex, or when you just want to play and not watch hour long cutscenes. It will run on any computer, no matter how old as long as you bought it in the last decade.

The character powers/skills system is not deep at all, there are only a few powers per class but they are all upgradable. It was designed as a cellphone game true, but it is a lot of fun fullscreen on the PC as well, especially as a pick up and play game.I'm getting more fun out of this then I got with any Vogel game in the past 5 years.

Check it out!

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Played it on my phone and enjoyed it, but I don't really see this working as a PC game at all, wouldn't recommend grabbing it unless you want a timewaster for your phone.

Unwanted

Frian Bargo

Kosmonaut's Alt
Single player games with cash shops. Yeah, no thanks.

9DD7AB63E72BBBFE758951574EB50BF9E558E543

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Played it on my phone and enjoyed it, but I don't really see this working as a PC game at all, wouldn't recommend grabbing it unless you want a timewaster for your phone.

Completely this. It's worth a few bucks as something to jerk around with on your phone. I can't even imagine sitting down at my computer, ready for some game time, and playing it though. I got a few days or a week or so play out of it before I lost interest but it was worth a few bucks. I might still fire it up to kill some time though.

There is a cash shop to buy gold, but really, you only need that if you're impatient. You get enough gold for everything you need just by tooling around and if you want all the bonus items right off the hop you can just grind your ass off. *shrugs* The cash shop is more like an idiot tax or for people with more money than time than anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom