Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I just played a really good game

Fez

Erudite
No.

Greenskin13

Erudite
This took me 43 seconds on photoshop

Are you dense? Let me draw you a diagram:

diagramou5.jpg

Fez

Erudite
That shit is old, man. It's in the past. Piss is where it's at now, can't you see? It's on the bleeding edge. At least if it has an STD or two it is.

Veracity

Liturgist
Sylvanus said:
It's just sad that we are having this conversation about the fictional princess from Mario Bros. I don't think a 2d vagina (or asshole) would work very well for any your 3d dicks, no matter how small they may be.
But my penis is 2d - I'm that old-school, oh yes.

So, why has this still not been retardo'd?

mytgroo

Scholar
Someone has been spending too much time on the Sailor Moon Dating Sim. Maybe you should check out the Kramer Hentai Adventure...

foneco

Novice
Well, I returned to Oblivion after 3 wishes turn true!
1st a good computer to run it (I got a Amd 4200, 2 giga ddr2, 1 nividia 8800 gtx, only for playing it and a few more games like Mtw2, Rtw, Prey, Armed assault, Sims 2).
2nd a Npc face replacer that really improved the horrid stock faces (Tnr is that 1, an amazing series of plugins that using only the original meshes and textures turned the monsters into beauties).
3th, a mod that really turned thievery as something really funny and logical.
That mod is Called Thieves arsenal.
So I started paying it since Monday and I honestly must say that I'm very pleased with it.
Note that i used a Rpg alternative start mod to choose a role with a bit of background and to avoid doing the main quest as well as bypassing the horrid tutorial.

oltronix

Novice
I'm actually stil holding some hope that the modders will bring oblivion up to at least morrowinds level. Until then oblivion only works as a dungeon crawler when stoned through the floor. The compass come in handy when you can't keep a coherent thought for more then five seconds.

foneco

Novice
http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=6687

This is another reason for installing it again, all texts are translated into latin:)

Seriously, perhaps the best step to make Oblivion a better game are a few tools that are being improved almost every day.
Wyre mash, Obse, Obmm.
Only those who can tke advantage of each and all of them can really enjoy Oblivion as it should be.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
foneco said:
http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=6687

This is another reason for installing it again, all texts are translated into latin:)

Now that sounds like fun, seriously.
Latin is just too great a language, especially when you try talking it.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Claw said:
If anyone's making a mod translating Oblivion into 1337sp34k, I'll reinstall.

Just wait for TES V. To appeal to the target audience, all dialogue will be written AND voiced in 1337 spe34k.

An example:

NPC1:
"I 54\/\/ 4 I\/Iudcr4bz0r yestardayz!!11!1!!"
NPC2:
"lolz!"

cutterjohn

Cipher
JarlFrank said:
Claw said:
If anyone's making a mod translating Oblivion into 1337sp34k, I'll reinstall.

Just wait for TES V. To appeal to the target audience, all dialogue will be written AND voiced in 1337 spe34k.

An example:

NPC1:
"I 54\/\/ 4 I\/Iudcr4bz0r yestardayz!!11!1!!"
NPC2:
"lolz!"
Actually all "text" will actually be icons (hieroglyphics simplified) as the target audience is largely illiterate. Voice acting will be converted to a simplified version of ghetto english.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
cutterjohn said:
Actually all "text" will actually be icons (hieroglyphics simplified) as the target audience is largely illiterate. Voice acting will be converted to a simplified version of ghetto english.

But it must be very simplified. Something along the lines of:

"You fighter. You hero of game. You do quest for me. Get reward. Good reward. Über loot. Really über. You go cave. There kill dragon. I repeat so you understand: Cave. Dragon. Kill. Then you get Überness²."

And after every step you made you will get a popup window so you won't lose your way.
"Follow the road."
"Now turn left."
"Follow the road."
"Now it gets a bit complicated. Turn right and leave the road."
"So, just go through that forest until you reach the cave. To make it easier, just follow the compass."
"Good work! You found the cave!"
"Now, enter it."
"Good, you're in the cave. Go right."
"Now go left."
"Now take the left way, come on, you can do it!"
"Good. There is the dragon."
"Kill it."
"If you don't know how to, just take your sword."
"Now slash the dragon."
"See how he bleeds! You hurt him! Slash again!"
"Now slash until he is dead!"
"He is dead! Good work!"
"Now return. To return, go left..."

And so on.

Dire Roach

Prophet
"The Elder Scrolls V (Pronounced "five," not "vee," as in, the number 5) Mash the controller to start."

"New game will begin now."

"Connecting to Xbox Live, please wait."

"This game is hard. For $4.99, you will be able to see the ending now. Your character will also start with the überest equipment and with all cheats activated when you choose to play. You want that, right? Of course you do. Your account will be billed shortly."

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Dire Roach said:
"The Elder Scrolls V (Pronounced "five," not "vee," as in, the number 5) Mash the controller to start."

"New game will begin now."

"Connecting to Xbox Live, please wait."

"This game is hard. For $4.99, you will be able to see the ending now. Your character will also start with the überest equipment and with all cheats activated when you choose to play. You want that, right? Of course you do. Your account will be billed shortly."

"It seems you have problems defeating that enemy. For $1.99 you can just let us kill it."
"It seems you cannot complete that quest. Get a useful hint for $2.99."
"Congrats! You have just finished a quest! To get the reward, just pay $0.99!"

Texas Red

Whiner
The question Bethesda needs to solve is whether simple symbols would keep the attention of the Xbox kiddies longer than several words meant as "dialogs".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom