Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Kipeci

Arcane
I don't think we're going to be getting out of here any time soon, at least assuming that we don't take the "screw this I'm out of here" route to fly away which will probably get us a few good arrow wounds for our troubles. This doesn't need to be a terrible thing; we still have the Aura of the Monster Chief and a pretty solid charisma to put to use, and these demons and beastmen could potentially be useful if we convince them to follow us. If we are to do that, though, I think that it's best if our very first interaction is not sucking up to their guards in front of everyone in a language that they will all have no issues in understanding. Our charisma's pretty good, but it's not good enough that I think we can get the guards to just let an apparent angel loose on the world outside of an area filled with just the protective magic that may suppress it. We'll probably end up stuck here anyway in A or B.

Do our time, adapt to a situation where we aren't the toughest one around without immediately submitting to the highest authority we can for protection, and probe for any weaknesses that we can take advantage. I also respect C for those who would care to get back as fast as possible no matter the cost, though Zayan and Rin are both rather long-lived and I think they ought to still be in good shape once we get back, given the protective efforts for the village.

B > C is my choice.

lightbane

Arcane
Given that the inexplicable increase in the hobo population also resulted in a corresponding increase in mugging, rape and other crimes unsavory to the general populace, it does not seem to have been the 'nicer' thing to do in the long run. For the prisoners, maybe, but most of them were in prison for a reason in the first place. :M

It's the intention what counts. :troll:

By the way, treave, just to know: are the guards human, or beastmen/demons/whatever as well? I assume it's the former, but it doesn't hurt to check. Also, can Erdrick see if they're heavily armed?
Either way, good thing we still have Barb's techniques.

lightbane

Arcane
The key difference here is that Angels have a reputation of being bloodthirsty killing machines. Immediately enacting violence and intimidation will draw on that reputation, to the point they may easily surrender, pleading us to spare their lives. On the other hand, the prisoners may get desperate enough to join the guards' side, believing we may kill them all if given the chance. However, engaging into diplomacy may backfire as well, believing we are weak and submitting to an authority figure.

Either way, we're fucked. Although I kinda like B more, if only because I would like to see a reenactment of The Raid 2's prison battle scene with Erdrick, all while he has to balance the princeling still attached to his left leg. :lol:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

intimidation will draw on that reputation,
And getting our ass beat shortly after the fighting starts will negate that reputation. Our stats are pretty crap right now. Now is not the time to use movie logic to screw ourselves over again. Now is the time to put on a brave face and use the B level Charisma for all it's worth.

Esquilax

Arcane
You fucking idiots. At this very moment we could have been meeting a huggable, lovable sphere that only wanted a new friend. Now we're stuck here in Alcatraz.

You also realize that they are casting worried glances at your wings, and that you are also naked
B. If you know one thing about how prisons work, it is that you have to establish your strength. You attempt to beat up anyone in your way to show them who is the top dog here now. You will start with the guards who are now descending the tower and warily approaching you.

The guards, much like the prisoners themselves, are wary of the fact that we are an angel. In this prison, it seems like we're the equivalent of a huge black guy doing life behind bars without the possibility of parole for shooting a cop. Basically, we're Adebisi:

latest

In a situation like this, it's possible that the threat of our reputation and the ability to simply intimidate might succeed where a direct fight won't. I don't know if that's the case, and I still might be willing to hear out some arguments for B, but I think that our Carnage Pigeon rep might give us the edge we need to bullshit our way out of this one.

A

Esquilax

Arcane
On the flipside, the fact that this tower possesses the same wards that the Temple in Yuiria did could mean that the guards are aware that we are in a weakened state. Even then, perhaps they are still hesitant to start a fight with a "weakened" Carnage Pigeon if they can avoid it.

Kipeci

Arcane
I thought of that, too, but isn't it already pretty out of character for angels to not promptly set the land on fire with angelic halo lasers (still sore about missing out on those) while seeking out a source of orphan bones? We don't really have much of the in-character options available for an angel at this point... I'll accept that they may be less than impressed if we fight and get stomped, though. I was thinking that the wards would weigh more heavily on the other prisoners than us since we're all monsters but Erd starts off from a much higher initial point, but I don't have much to base it on asides from that the types of prisoners mentioned (demons, beastmen, etc.) generally tend to rank on the stronger end of the power spectrum while perhaps goblins and slimes might be so weakened as to die in such a ward as we'd heard about when we were in church.

Esquilax

Arcane
I thought of that, too, but isn't it already pretty out of character for angels to not promptly set the land on fire with angelic halo lasers (still sore about missing out on those) while seeking out a source of orphan bones? We don't really have much of the in-character options available for an angel at this point... I'll accept that they may be less than impressed if we fight and get stomped, though. I was thinking that the wards would weigh more heavily on the other prisoners than us since we're all monsters but Erd starts off from a much higher initial point, but I don't have much to base it on asides from that the types of prisoners mentioned (demons, beastmen, etc.) generally tend to rank on the stronger end of the power spectrum while perhaps goblins and slimes might be so weakened as to die in such a ward as we'd heard about when we were in church.

Well, there are obviously the legends of angels being harbingers of great destruction and wrath, but I'm sure that they aren't killing stuff literally all the time. I would imagine it's more like they're on a hair-trigger, and the slightest thing, or even just the sheer desire for adrenaline and bloodlust, will make them go off. Which is probably why these guards are wading in carefully and not trying to antagonize us; I think that they're trying to avoid making us go full Carnage Pigeon, and I think that's something we can use to our advantage.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
Can B be where we still cast translator and tell the other prisoners "If you want out of this hell hole then follow my lead you chattel." and then attempt to murder our way out? Brobatos and our earthquake technique gives us a decent edge to break open a gate and having more powerful shock troops we can gate back with us would be nice.

C might be on ok option as we still have the spell that gives us immunity to arrows. If our mana is a typo like Nevil remarked we might even have enough to run it and invisibility on both us and the prince and just side step this whole place altogether. When we have a free moment we can bring back an army of bandits and break the place open at our leisure using troops not affected by the field.

A might work but where do you see them letting a carnage pigeon out into the world? We would give time for their big guns to come running and negate our power. Though if we do end up staying and figuring out a way to nullify the field, it would be useful for operation free carnage waifu, but will leave our base without us for even longer.

I will vote C > B for now but I am not a 100% yet.

ScubaV

Prophet

Well, there are obviously the legends of angels being harbingers of great destruction and wrath, but I'm sure that they aren't killing stuff literally all the time. I would imagine it's more like they're on a hair-trigger, and the slightest thing, or even just the sheer desire for adrenaline and bloodlust, will make them go off. Which is probably why these guards are wading in carefully and not trying to antagonize us; I think that they're trying to avoid making us go full Carnage Pigeon, and I think that's something we can use to our advantage.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

A

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
By the way, treave, just to know: are the guards human, or beastmen/demons/whatever as well? I assume it's the former, but it doesn't hurt to check. Also, can Erdrick see if they're heavily armed?

It's a mix of races, with more non-humans than humans, they carry a variety of flails, morning stars and staves amongst other strange looking weapons, but the one point they all have in common is their shaved heads and plain orange robes.

lightbane

Arcane
Uh, so they are Space Marines warriors monks too? The day is getting better (good morning, everyone!).

I wonder what angle will Erd approach if he attempts to use the angel diplomacy option. Angels are known for being bloodthirsty, short-tempered and dumb beasts, so perhaps intimidation is our only choice and attempting to be eloquent will fail. On the other hand, pretending to be a "traditional" angel (the baby-eating, murder-loving ones) that got here by accident/an assholish mage teleported him here has a great chance of working, if only because we happen to carry a small kid with ourselves. :lol:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A. Sorry, no wall-length arguments from me, tapped out at the moment.

We are not getting out until we get a nice tatoo as a proof of time we did here. :M

lightbane

Arcane
Well, I guess A winning is a given. Hopefully Erdrick knows a little about "prison rape culture". And that he avoids crouching for any reason. One can't be too sure here.

Esquilax

Arcane
Well, I guess A winning is a given. Hopefully Erdrick knows a little about "prison rape culture". And that he avoids crouching for any reason. One can't be too sure here.

If things go wrong, Erdrick will use his tremendous business acumen to make a killing in selling prison-made hooch and cigarettes.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Alright, locking A in. I suppose it's a good thing you didn't start attacking people who only wanted to talk. :M

Well, good for some, bad for others.

lightbane

Arcane
As long as his backside's virginity is preserved, it's okay for Erdrick no matter what happens. He's still going to get a tattoo and/or a slave collar/manacles of some sort though, I doubt they'll let him walk away from here just like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom