Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play: Mask of the Betrayer

Lumpy

Arcane
Crispy said:
Maybe replace Bluff with Tumble instead? 10 ranks in Tumble will get you a +1 to AC.
Haha.
No.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Nerve Gas, let me give you some advice: put 2 more points into CON cause you'll need the HP. Drop Taunt for Use Magic Device. You need combat casting feat, else you'll drop dead pretty quick. And finally, when you get to Dark Invocations DO NOT FORGET to choose Dark Foresight, this is like uber stoneskin for Warlocks. And you might want to choose Eldritch Chain too, it's useful, especially at the beginning.

edit: Woops, just noticed you already put combat casting and eldritch chain in there. The build looks good so far.

Joff1981

Educated
Project: Eternity
I don't know a great deal about D&D but I'd drop Binding Blast for Eldritch Doom and possibly lose Leaps and Bounds too but there's not a whole lot to replace it with it will be totally useless very early on though since +4 dex is easy to come by with items. Also, why no Battle Caster for Medium Armor/Mithral Heavy Armor with no spell failure?

Edit: Oh and put at least some skill points in UMD, you'll get good CHA bonus for it as well as your warlock bonus and you don't need to max all of your other skills.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Well, sure, +1AC ain't much, but don't blame me when you realize you can't Bluff your way out of getting anally raped by those fucking pirate assholes in the tavern with your half-naked Warlock. Every little bit of AC helps, you know.

Lumpy

Arcane
Chapter I: The Spirit Barrow

- part one -

Meet Ladonna Lesifoere. Obviously, she isn't feeling very well right now.

NWN2_SS_042108_223043.jpg

Pain. It surges through bone and blood. It tears at your heart, in the place where the shard once was.
You struggle to raise your head. A hole has been carved into your flesh, just above your heart... and raggedly stitched by an unskilled hand.
Something stirs inside you... a presence, a hunger. It is bound, angry... and it cannot escape.

NWN2_SS_042108_223107.jpg

Ladonna: Who... are you?
Safiya: My name is Safiya. The binding spell is wearing off. Your arms and legs will be stiff, but you'll be able to walk. I know you have questions, but we must leave. Now. Before the spirits wake.
Ladonna: These tattoos and your red robes... they mark you for a Red Wizard if Thay.
Safiya: I'm that and more. But I'm no threat. Not to you, at least. I am here to assist you, and I will do just that.
NWN2_SS_042108_224045.jpg

(Ladonna is, without a doubt, one mean fucking bitch).

Safiya: But you don't know - do you? I can understand your confusion... I - it must be very disorienting.
Ladonna: You said something about spirits. What kind of place is this?
Safiya: We're in a barrow deep beneath the soil of Rashemen. The locals say that powerful spirits dwell here - hostile to those trying to enter... and those trying to leave.
Ladonna: Rashemen? That's hundreds of miles from the Sword Coast.
Safiya: I don't know how you got here. But I'll take you to someone who might. I'll take you to her and make certain that she gives us both some answers. But that's after we get out. For the moment, haste is all that matters.
Ladonna: I don't trust wizards in red who appear from nowhere, but let's move.
Safiya: I could have worn robes of a different color... and you'd have never known what I am. I chose to wear these robes, instead. Remember that, before you doubt me.

You gaze upon one of the pillars surrounding you. Runes glitter on the dark stone... seeming to twist and blur before your eyes. You reach out and touch the runes.
Safiya: Wait! No!
As your fingers brush the stone, a thrill of wild energy surges through your body. The runes grow larger, brighter... they fill your world... Figures sweep past you in a torrent of sound and light. The presence withing you twists, seethes... as if you are peering into its depths... More pictures emerge from the runes, cavorting through your fevered mind. A laughing boy, trailing in your wake. A woman with golden skin, eyes alight with love. A wall of screaming souls.
And then, the vision passes. The runes seem dimmed, and your eyes are clear once more.

Safiya: What was that? What did you see?
Ladonna: Some sort of vision. Are you sure you dispelled these runes?
Safiya: I destroyed the binding spell. But the runes... they're not described in any books. The Rashemi claim these runes can trap dreams... or set them loose. This place is... not right. Everything echoes so strongly. I will be glad to leave this barrow behind.

Dramatic pose:
NWN2_SS_042108_223712.jpg

To be continued?

Lesifoere

Liturgist
I'm glad you didn't decide to mod hair onto Safiya's head. Bald Red Wizard chick > generic Aribeth-esque breast-jiggling chainmail-bikini bore.

Section8

Cipher
I would have created a human female warlock with long flowing blond hair and called her Julian Sands, but that's just me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom