Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview with Brad Wardell

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I tried Gal Civ 2 because I thought it'd be like MoO2+.

Well. I of all people should have known new games will never be as good as old games. Very disappointing to me. Decent game of course, but compared to the incredibly polished gem that is MoO 1 (or even 2, which is a little worse, but I prefer it vastly still (because I grew up with it)) it's sorely lacking.

I could play MoO 2 for hours, kinda like Master of Magic. Or Civilization 3. In fact, I did play these games for 400 hours+. Can't believe some people put that time into Oblivion.

Binary

Liturgist
What about Space Empires IV Gold? I remember it was extremely detailed - maybe too much

Space Empires V looks terrible tho

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Never tried it. Did it make you as happy as MoO 2? If not I'm not interested.

Why bother buying new games when Master of Magic/Orion are way more fun?

Raapys

Arcane
The thing Space Empires has got going for it is the huge amount of options available; you've got countless times more options than in Master of Orion 2 for instance, the amount detail is just staggering.

However, the game loses out in many other areas like atmosphere, music, polish, appearance, etc. It is also more dependant on mods to create interesting races and such. It's been called a 'spreadsheets in space' type of game.

Human Shield

Augur
Binary said:
What about Space Empires IV Gold? I remember it was extremely detailed - maybe too much

Space Empires V looks terrible tho

It is weird how SE5 just failed. All they needed to do was streamline certain areas, fix diplomacy and other areas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom