Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Something for the lulz - a Sol Invictus story

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk ... ost1359677

Sol Invictus the Hellgate Guru said:
usedpilot said:
Sol Invictus said:
but the number of good games out is steadily diminishing, mainly due to fucking piracy.

I wish people would just support the fucking industry if they love it so much.
Not that I don't agree with what you're saying, but aren't you the guy who used to frequent the rpg codex and had a Warren Spector quote in your sig about something like the negative effects of piracy being bullshit?

How the times change.

I just googled the quote, and it's

"I never minded piracy. Anyone who minds about piracy is full of shit"
Who gives a shit? If you're from the RPG Codex, I have to say that you guys need to learn to let things go. As far as I know, people at the RPG Codex are still harping on about how Oblivion ruined RPGs and how MMORPGs are the bane of existence and everything. The place is trapped in a temporal stasis in which the hope of Troika Studios developing Fallout 3 still remains strong.

Oh yeah, and some people still seem to have a grudge against me over there. But really, why should I give a fuck? What's the point of bringing this shit up? This thread isn't about you or me or the fucking RPG Codex. It's about The DRM in Mass Effect. Stay on topic, usedpilot.
I was what, 16? I had no fucking idea what I was talking about back then and I should've probably kept my mouth shut on more than a few occasions.

usedpilot said:
I'm not. I just remember when I used to lurk there. I probably hate that place more than you.

Sol Invictus said:
Well, good. That's good to know. All they do is pretty much whine about every RPG that comes out and why it isn't as perfect as their beautiful Fallout 1 and how Baldur's Gate is "dumbed down" and so on and so forth. I got pretty tired of them during the Vampire: Bloodlines days. Apparently Troika could do no wrong.

I visited the place a few weeks ago and found that they have this whole uncomfortable arrangement between furries from the Elder Scrolls forums, 9/11 truthers, Ron Paul supporters and neo-nazi sympathizers, and Cleve Blakemore appears to be a regular poster now. He also has a following of people who agree with his ideas. What the fuck?

Fez

Erudite
A slice of fried gold there.

I was what, 16? I had no fucking idea what I was talking about back then and I should've probably kept my mouth shut on more than a few occasions.

:lol:

I wonder if he'll be looking back and saying the same sort of thing a few years from now?

Chefe

Erudite
I didn't know he was still around.

Is this a decline of the Codex thread, or what?

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Why the grudge? It sounds like he hates the "I have a moral right to pirate games with bad DRM" crowd as much as you do, VD.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Jaime Lannister said:
Why the grudge? It sounds like he hates the "I have a moral right to pirate games with bad DRM" crowd as much as you do, VD.

I don't think he posted it about the DRM issue.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
I visited the place a few weeks ago and found that they have this whole uncomfortable arrangement between furries from the Elder Scrolls forums, 9/11 truthers, Ron Paul supporters and neo-nazi sympathizers, and Cleve Blakemore appears to be a regular poster now. He also has a following of people who agree with his ideas. What the fuck?

Actually, that's pretty much spot on.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fez said:
A slice of fried gold there.

I wonder if he'll be looking back and saying the same sort of thing a few years from now?

No doubt. Quote material.

Suicidal

Arcane
Sol Invictus said:
neo-nazi sympathizers

Yes, Rex, everyone who disapproved of your Clive Blakemore drama being in the news section supports Nazism.

Sol Invictus said:
and Cleve Blakemore appears to be a regular poster now. He also has a following of people who agree with his ideas. What the fuck?

Ohnoes, Rex! Your mortal enemy is corrupting the minds of Codexers! Without you, no one can fight his spreading influence!

Texas Red

Whiner
What was the response of the Codex hivemind to Bloodlines when it came out? Any super-thread you can link me to?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Well he doesn't seem to know who Mr.T is, how old is he now, 18?

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
JoeDirt said:
thread is useless without pics

bitchplease.jpg

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Dark Individual said:
What was the response of the Codex hivemind to Bloodlines when it came out? Any super-thread you can link me to?
Some people liked it, some people didn't like it.

I take it all back:

Sol Invictus said:
BLOODLINES RULES!
You're free to pan the game if you want, before trying it, as I have. Cynicism can be a healthy mental activity, after all. You'll be even happier to find out that the game will surpass every single one of your RPG-geared expectations and present itself as, clearly, one of the best RPGs in years.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Vault Dweller said:
I take it all back:

Sol Invictus said:
BLOODLINES RULES!
You're free to pan the game if you want, before trying it, as I have. Cynicism can be a healthy mental activity, after all. You'll be even happier to find out that the game will surpass every single one of your RPG-geared expectations and present itself as, clearly, one of the best RPGs in years.
I think he changes his mind again when he discovers the underdeveloped hack 'em up parts.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
He did not leave, he is less active.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom