Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Universalis IV

in regards to how :-"

Vatnik Wumao
Magnat , that shit worked Lol. I added all DLCs to my base game and I'm a happy guy now.

Do I need to do some trick every new update or something?
Most patches do not affect the API. You might be needing a new one when major expansions are released, but they post both the updated API and the new expansion on the forum quite fast, so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.
I'm sure that you can figure it out, friend. :M

Vatnik Wumao

Hey everyone! Today we’ll be talking about two changes, part of the patch coming along with the Emperor expansion. You’ve probably already spotted them both if you had a keen eye on one of our streams.

First feature is part of the Governing Capacity rework and some small rework of Government Reform Progress. We’ve changed so that changing a government reform no longer causes you to gain 10 corruption, instead it costs Government Reform progress to switch on a level you’ve already picked.

index.php

Now to the new feature that will be interacting both with Governing Capacity and the Reform Progress. The original intent with Reform Progress was that the larger your empire was, the slower you would be reforming your government and progressing through the reforms. Hence why it is affected by the autonomy of your empire as while expanding heavily your autonomy on average will be higher.

So in that spirit as well we are introducing a choice for the player to instead of reforming their government, they can expand the capabilities of their administration in order to integrate more of their conquered territories as core states. This action increases in cost every time it’s used.

This gives the player besides having to pick what land should be states, trade companies or territory, also a choice on if to advance and modernize their government or if to focus on making sure you have full control over the territory that you possess.

index.php

Next thing is a new institution we’ve added that is to go together with several of our late game additions we’ve been doing in this patch. We felt that you could just skip by without any technological disparity in the world for the last 80 years So we added a last institution to represent the Industrial revolution. This revolution started sometime after the 1750, as coal, steam engines saw their use increase and industries grew throughout Europe.

The requirements spawning are very much focused on the wealth from nations that have industrialized. It will spawn in any province that has 30 development, a Furnace built, the owner of the province are the leading producers of either iron, cloth or coal. If it is before 1760 it also requires that the province is in the highest trade node in the world. If the player lacks Rule Britannia, then coal and furnace requirements are replaced to focus on simply iron and cloth manufacturies.

This will give a spurt of technological advancement at the end of the game giving those who have modernized their economy an advantage.

So that’s it for this development diary, short but sweet. Next one will be written by @neondt and will be about the content regarding Imperial Diet’s such as Incidents and will be fairly more substantial.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Magnat , that shit worked Lol. I added all DLCs to my base game and I'm a happy guy now.

Do I need to do some trick every new update or something?
Most patches do not affect the API. You might be needing a new one when major expansions are released, but they post both the updated API and the new expansion on the forum quite fast, so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.
I'm sure that you can figure it out, friend. :M
Yeah,he will need to add the new DLCs if he want to keep up.

More abstract modifiers on top of old abstract modifiers.
This game is a hollow husk.
Yeah,Johan is extreamlly devoid of imagination developer. That is why i was hopeful while jake was the lead,he is a child of the larp :). He is kind of guy that makes fluff things that make different countries and cultures unique. Which is what makes EU interesting for experienced players. Johan will just cut out all the interesting shit and fill it with muh +/- 10% shit. He is an envious butthurt little faggot lol.

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
DDRJake was a child of exploits, not LARP. "Lel, imma gonna do world konkwest by vassal feeding :DDDDDDDDDDD. Overexertion is just a number, leeel! Also, Im gonna nerf that because that was too much fun."

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
DDRJake was a child of exploits, not LARP. "Lel, imma gonna do world konkwest by vassal feeding :DDDDDDDDDDD. Overexertion is just a number, leeel! Also, Im gonna nerf that because that was too much fun."
Clearly you talk without knowing,now fuck off.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Clearly you talk without knowing,now fuck off.

I am aware I know shit, unlike you. I just play this game since 2013.
The question is how much :smug:. Playing it once every two years doesn't mean you play it since.

Also we were talking about jake and not the game,your knowledge on the chap is clearly lacking and you just repeat some shit from 2013.

Silva

Arcane
Anyone have tips for playing as Venice? What's the difference between trade power and trade value in a center of commerce? Should I order my merchants to direct the flow from others CCs to my own CC or to "collect trade" in other CCs ?

And how do I stop Ottomans from ROFLstomping me 10 years into game?

Vatnik Wumao
Anyone have tips for playing as Venice? What's the difference between trade power and trade value in a center of commerce? Should I order my merchants to direct the flow from others CCs to my own CC or to "collect trade" in other CCs ?

Watch these:

As for the Ottomans, build a stronger navy (you can check theirs in the ledger) as to cut off Anatolia from Rumelia, ideally while most of their army is in Anatolia.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Quill18 and arumba are good entryway for new players,they do have decent tutorials,even if oldish by now.

Fuck i still remember my first game,it was as ming and was very happy that i managed to conquer most of south asia and north india :). Also had one of the most fun WC as ming,back when there was difference between units and tech and you needed to have 20 to 1 for a win :).

As for the Ottomans, build a stronger navy (you can check theirs in the ledger) as to cut off Anatolia from Rumelia, ideally while most of their army is in Anatolia.
i distinctly remember that several patches ago this couldn't be done anymore without controlling (or even owning) at least one side of the strait, or something like that. i distinctly remember how my bizantine ships were sitting in the middle of the bosphorus and kebab walked through as if nothing happened.
has this been retconned?

Vatnik Wumao
i distinctly remember that several patches ago this couldn't be done anymore without controlling (or even owning) at least one side of the strait, or something like that. i distinctly remember how my bizantine ships were sitting in the middle of the bosphorus and kebab walked through as if nothing happened.
has this been retconned?
Maybe you didn't have enough ships as to blockade it?

XenomorphII

Prophet
I think straits can only be blocked if you have control of one side and they the other. So on the Ottos, you have to siege down their capital very quickly to do the strait block strategy.

Silva

Arcane
Ok, I gave up on Venice to try another trading nation: Huron. It's actually a relief starting in the mid of nowhere with lots of land to grow into and no Ottomans zerg-rushing my ass. On the other hand it takes lots of patience for shit to happen. But I'm liking it.

Questions:

1) What do Merchantilism do? As a trade focused nation, I raised it to 20% (or something) thinking it would boost my money but nope. If it did, it was really subtle. Worst: it seems to have triggered some events where the local traders get pissed or something.

2) The most crazy shit hapenned to me. A handful years after some european powers showed up (Newfoundland and Great Britain), I got this event saying I now could "change government" or something based in Newfoundland? Which I did. And then..

mindblown.gif

Suddenly I was the REPUBLIC OF HURON, I had gained half dozen techs in each category, plus thousands of mana points, besides having lots of institutions opened (feudalism, renascence, etc). It felt... bizarre and anti-climatic. it was so abrupt, and I wasna't even in good relations with any of the european powers.

Is this normal?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
1) What do Merchantilism do? As a trade focused nation, I raised it to 20% (or something) thinking it would boost my money but nope. If it did, it was really subtle. Worst: it seems to have triggered some events where the local traders get pissed or something.
Mercantilism. Each point of mercantilism gives a +2% bonus to your local trade power. The idea at the base of trade power is that each province in the trade node gives a certain quantity of "trade power" and trade value (the money you can gain or transfer from a node) gets divided among nations in relation to their trade power percentage. So, if a node has 20 provinces and each one gives 5 trade power, the node has a total of 100 trade power: if a nation has 10 of those provinces, it controls 50 trade power and that's 50% of the total trade power in that node, so it will "control" half the ducats of that node.

Mercantilism boosts your trade power: it's very valuable if you control a small-medium percentage of the trade power in a node, but it's useless once you control the majority of the provinces in a node. Once you control 100% of a node, you gain nothing by increasing your trade power, because you can't get more than 100% of its trade value.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
2) The most crazy shit hapenned to me. A handful years after some european powers showed up (Newfoundland and Great Britain), I got this event saying I now could "change government" or something based in Newfoundland? Which I did. And then..

Suddenly I was the REPUBLIC OF HURON, I had gained half dozen techs in each category, plus thousands of mana points, besides having lots of institutions opened (feudalism, renascence, etc). It felt... bizarre and anti-climatic. it was so abrupt, and I wasna't even in good relations with any of the european powers.
Reforming the government. As a native tribe, once you border a province that has embraced the feudalism institution, if you filled up your native ideas, you can reform your government and become "civilized": you gain all the institution already present in your neighbor, your technologies advance based on your neighbor's levels, your government form changes and you lose all your native stuff.

For this reasons, as a native tribe, investing mana in administrative and diplomatic technologies is mostly pointless: once you reform, you automatically tech up to 80% of your neighbor's techs, regardless of your starting level. Those mana points would be better spent on developing your provinces.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

Trade value. It represents the money produced in that node: each province has its own trade value and the total trade value of a node is the sum of the trade value of each province that belongs to the node. The trade value of a single province depends on what good the province produces (trade goods) and on the "local goods produced" value, which basically depends on the production development level of the province (local goods produced).

Trade power. It represents what percentage of the trade value each nation gets. If you have 50% of the trade power in a node, you are going to control 50% of its trade value (you can collect in that node and transform your controlled trade value in ducats there or transfer your controlled trade value in another node). Each province you control gives a certain quantity of trade power and you can increase your trade power by protecting trade with your light ships. A lot of modifiers are involved, you can learn by playing a bit with trade or reading the wiki (the links I'm giving you should suffice). One thing that's important to understand is that the more trade power you already control, the less important it becomes to add more trade power: if you already control 90% of the trade power in a node with 500 total trade value, adding 10 barques for another 20 trade power won't do much.

What you should do with your merchants depends on the situation you are in: if you control the majority of your home trade node, you probably should use your other merchants to transfer trade to that node, because you get most of what reaches your home node. If you only control a small percentage of your home node, transfering trade isn't ideal, because other nations will get whatever money you transfer. Collecting in a node that's not your main one, however, gives a big penalty to your trade power.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom