Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Summer Game Fest + Summer of Gaming - E3/Gamescom 2020 online replacements - May 7th to August 31st

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Maybe I'm not smart enough to understand this, but why did the replace a three (or is it four?) day event like E3 with a series of events strung out over four months? The nice thing about E3 was the torrent of news it provided allowed you a good feel of what was coming. Do they really expect us to pay attention to all of these events? I can't even remember that "Summer Game Fest" and "Summer of Gaming" are different events.

Well the biggest month is still June, with a couple of big events in July (Xbox, Ubisoft). May was a nothingburger and the August part is really just Gamescom. So it's more like strung over a month or so. It might not be a bad thing for the devs to not have to battle for attention within the span of a week - wouldn't surprise me if they try to keep it this way next year.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
IGN Expo day 2 begins with another speedrun preshow:

Pre-Show Charity Stream (9:45am PT):
Titanfall 2 Speedrunner Countdown Challenge by Bryonato

IGN Expo #2 (11:30am PT):
Exclusive Reveals, Trailers, Gameplay Demos, and Developer Interviews

Reveals:
Unannounced Game (Merge Games) - Exclusive Game Reveal
Unannounced Game Reveal - Exclusive Reveal Trailer

Trailers:
Stronghold: Warlords (Firefly Studios) - Exclusive Multiplayer Trailer and Launch Date Announcement
XIII (Microids) - Exclusive Gameplay Trailer Reveal

Gameplay:
Blankos Block Party (Mythical Games) - Exclusive Trailer Debut, Exclusive Gameplay
Iron Oath (Humble Bundle) - Exclusive Reveal Trailer and First Gameplay Reveal and Interview
Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time (Soleil Games) - Exclusive Gameplay First Look
Spellbreak (Proletariat, Inc) - Exclusive Announcement, Gameplay Interview, and Trailer

Check Out This Game! With Tom Marks:
Star Renegades, Massive Damage - Exclusive Gameplay
Boyfriend Dungeon, Kitfox Games - Exclusive Gameplay

Publisher Showcase:
PS5 event (1pm PT, with IGN pre- and post-shows)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Summer Game Fest has a preshow too:

Watch complete coverage of PlayStation 5: The Future of Gaming, hosted by Geoff Keighley (The Game Awards) with YouTube Gaming Creators and other special guests.

Pre-show begins at 3 PM ET / Noon PT today.
Main Event at 4 PM ET / 1 PM PT.
Live post-show immediately after event.

Geoff will be joined by guests including JackSepticEye, MatPat, Ali-A. Kyle Bosman, Lamarr Wilson, Valkyrae, Danny O'Dwyer, LaurenZSide, The Game Grumps, and more to be announced.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Playstation 5 show is live:

I think I've watched enough streams for today. Enjoy, Sony fans.

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I expected nothing and I'm still dissapointed. Oddworld Soulstorm could be good. I was also interested in Jett but it's a EGS exclusive so fuck it. Everything else was meh or downright repulsive (that gay furry game ugh)

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Unto the End has potential. Around 1:12 in the Escapist video.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
IGN Day 3:

GameScoop! LIVE (12pm PT)

Pre-Show Charity Stream (12:45pm PT):
Bloodborne Speedrunner Countdown Challenge by heyZeusHeresToast

IGN Expo #3 (2:30pm PT):
Exclusive Trailers, Gameplay Demos, Developer Interviews, Previews

Trailers:
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (SEGA / ATLUS) - Exclusive Reveal Debut
Castlestorm 2 (Zen Studios) - Launch Announcement Trailer
Everspace 2 (ROCKFISH Games) - Exclusive Alpha Gameplay Reveal Trailer and Interview with ROCKFISH Games CEO & Co-Founder Michael Schade
Guilty Gear Strive (Arc Systems Works) - Exclusive Character Reveal Trailer
Phantasy Star Online 2 Update (SEGA) - Exclusive Trailer Reveal
Ranch Simulator (Excalibur Games) - Exclusive Gameplay Trailer

Gameplay:
Chicken Police (THQ) - Exclusive Gameplay Reveal and Interview With U@N
Hardspace Shipbreaker (Blackbird Interactive) - Exclusive Gameplay Deep Dive
Skater XL (Easy Day Studios) - Exclusive Switch Footage Reveal and Demo
Total War: Troy (Creative Assembly) - Exclusive Gameplay Interview
Warhammer 40k: Mechanicus (Kasedo Games) - Exclusive Gameplay and Commentary

Previews:
Blue Fire (Graffiti Games/Robi Studios) - Exclusive Preview

Check Out This Game! With Tom Marks:
Unto The End, 2 Ton Studios - Exclusive Gameplay

Special Icons Interview:
Brian Fargo discusses the founding of Blizzard, and why RPG fans should be looking forward to Wasteland 3.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
So, it's the big day today. Let's take a look at the Guerrilla Collective: https://www.guerrillacollective.com

Some notable games:

Day 1:
Baldur's Gate 3
Disco Elysium
Dwarf Fortress

Day 2:
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Evil Genius 2
Star Renegades
Suzerain

Day 3:
Iron Harvest
System Shock

I think there are probably more games that aren't listed on the site (eg Bloodlines 2).

Also later today, the PC Gaming Show and Future Gaming Show. Weird West will show up and it looks like maybe that Phantom Brigade mech game also. Doesn't seem too interesting otherwise but who knows.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Final show of the day:

I'm through watching streams for today, will check up on it later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom