Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry How to best enjoy Wizardry 7?

Which factions in Wizardry 7 have the most interesting NPCs / quests / items?

• Umpani

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • T'Rang

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Munk

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Dane

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Gorn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rattkin

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Helazoid

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • The Dark Savant (kc)

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

mondblut

Arcane
- I read parts of the Gorn Fortress section of the Cluebook, since I couldn't open the cell doors or open the door to the Gorn Mage's quarters. It's too bad I have to resort to using the cluebook, but I don't think I'd ever figure out that I was supposed to use the metal plate to reflect light to open the door to the Mage's quarters. The environmental storytelling didn't make it clear enough that there was a bright beam of light coming from the ceiling, so I couldn't possibly ever thought about trying to reflect light with a plate. The cluebook tries to only give out vague clues, but the hints make it pretty clear how to proceed.

You could simply ask. That puzzle had me stuck for days too back in the day. Using metal plate in that cell was pretty obvious, what's not obvious is that you have to face the door while doing so.

- Have you guys noticed that Dazzling Lights is a pretty weird spell? I hits all enemies and occasionally does ridiculous amounts of damage even at low power levels. I mean like 200 damage just out of the blue while spending 25 mana. At first I thought maybe some enemies are weak against it, but at least T'Rang and Gorn both take similar damage from it.

Yeah. The Beast of 1000 eyes can vouch for it :smug:

haraw

Educated
Opening the entrance to Rattkin Ruins is arguably the most obscure puzzle in the game (together with the Spinxh). Not in the complicated way, but how stupid it is. Don't be afraid to ask hints for that man.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Opening the entrance to Rattkin Ruins is arguably the most obscure puzzle in the game (together with the Spinxh). Not in the complicated way, but how stupid it is. Don't be afraid to ask hints for that man.

Thanks for the heads up. I already mapped Rattkin Ruins area and was a bit puzzled by the smiling tree face. I don't expect to find the solution on my own, but I'll still try everything I can come up with before resorting to using the Clue Book.

Lukifell

Educated
Progress Report 5:
- Have you guys noticed that Dazzling Lights is a pretty weird spell? I hits all enemies and occasionally does ridiculous amounts of damage even at low power levels. I mean like 200 damage just out of the blue

Best Psionic spell, it’s identical to the 5th or 6th level Mage spell with a similar name. That plus the ability to have both Heal and Silence (along with the best resistance table in the game, better than even Monk iirc) makes them a lot better than people realize

To whoever said Ninjas have good resists, they’re all right but they have super bad lifeforce (the most important) so they die from any instant death spell that comes their way

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Progress Report 5:
- Have you guys noticed that Dazzling Lights is a pretty weird spell? I hits all enemies and occasionally does ridiculous amounts of damage even at low power levels. I mean like 200 damage just out of the blue

Best Psionic spell, it’s identical to the 5th or 6th level Mage spell with a similar name. That plus the ability to have both Heal and Silence (along with the best resistance table in the game, better than even Monk iirc) makes them a lot better than people realize

To whoever said Ninjas have good resists, they’re all right but they have super bad lifeforce (the most important) so they die from any instant death spell that comes their way

Dazzling Lights is a really intriguing spell, I cast it on all enemy types every now and then just to test if I can hit the jackpot.

I think I might have said something about Ninja resistances, read it online and obviously have no idea if it's actually true.

I'm actually still playing this damn game, despite not writing any updates here. I started a new party and have been doing some class roulette before catching up to where I was previously.

Lukifell

Educated
I read “death” resist also works against autokill spells. If that’s true then the blackbelt you get from the monk guy is insane and makes ninja an auto include

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom