Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mapping and notes (pre-contemporary)

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I want that on gog.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
I'm really frightened by "Daggerfall" (I've finished the first "Arena" dungeon and could never understand moving with mouse — when I started "Daggerfall" and realized the game worked the same way I simply did not leave the room).
You don't have to worry about that, Daggerfall can be played like a modern first-person game by clicking the mouselook option and setting your movement keys to wasd.

BarãodoDesterro

Educated
You should be. This game stole a countless hours of my life. I don't regret it, though. What? You use keyboard to move, duh.

You don't have to worry about that, Daggerfall can be played like a modern first-person game by clicking the mouselook option and setting your movement keys to wasd.

In fact, this will sound super stupid: the only time I played "Arena" (2018 — and I didn't “RTFM”), realizing I could not move with "WASD", instead of using arrows or trying to change configurations, I used the mouse (I moved the cursor to the screen limit and pressed "M1", realizing I could walk; then, when I faced the monsters, I had to simultaneously press "M1" and "M2" while flicking horizontally and vertically. I'm speechless.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom