Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Other Vampire game

Phelot

Arcane
Vampire The Masquerade.

I played it a lot a looong time ago and don't remember too much, but I remember that I enjoyed it. What does everyone think of it here? I don't hear too much about it.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
phelot said:
Why was it so bad?
linear hack n slash without anything that makes hack'n slash games nice. the only thing remotely good about it were the endings but totally not worth playing the rest of it for.

jaylittle

Scholar
It's a pretty linear game but worth a play through at least once I think. I got all the way to the end and the last battle is awe inspiring fucking insane (you fight one of those second gen vamps at the end instead of opening a coffin with a bomb). But once I lucked out and managed to finish it, that was it. The game has virtually no replay value IIRC. It has some decent levels though.

There was this one level (pre-modern times) in which you invade some sort of structure, but the sun is out so you have to avoid all of the sunlight spots in order to keep from burning up. I found that one particularly amusing.

Phelot

Arcane
racofer said:
Play the game and find out, you lazy fuck.

:cry: You're mean! But strangely... I'm attracted... :oops:

SuicideBunny said:
linear hack n slash without anything that makes hack'n slash games nice. the only thing remotely good about it were the endings but totally not worth playing the rest of it for.

Ahhh... I remember I was really interested in the map editor thing, but it was actually just a tool that let you place crap around existing maps IIRC

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I actually like Redemption, and regularly re-play it from time to time.

At the time is was the ONLY V:TM available, which gave me a gigantic hard on, and I played the game with rose colored glasses on, ignoring all it's faults.

It is NOT THE GREATEST RPG of all time, no. It's what I would call an ok action RPG, set in the V:TM setting.

And since there are so fucking precious few Vampire RPG's out there, I find it worth it.

And you can even decide how the game ends. Good stuff.

Andhaira

Arcane
The zulu form boss in this one is tougher than the sherrif in troikas vampire game. The troika version just takes freaking spotlights to kill.

Also, the engine used in redemption is better.

sah

Liturgist
There's a demo if you're curious but are too lazy to download the whole thing. I looked at it and I'm no longer curious.

Ch1ef

Scholar
If you like"the World of Darknes", you should try it.
If you like vampires, you should try it.
If you like "the old games",you should try it.
Also, the engine used in redemption is better.
Lol, what?

OMG,i just foud out when did Redemption came out..2000,lol.
Awful desighn,awful...

Morkar Left

Don´t expect a serious rpg. It´s a partybased Action-rpg with a linear cinematic plot (with 3 different endings). But I enjoyed the game. It has a nice story with a plot in the dark ages and in the present. World (levels) was very restricted but felt more realistic than Bloodlines.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Play 'till you get out of the Dark Ages and uninstall. No, really, the first half is enjoyable, but the second is astonishingly boring

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It's worth playing. I think actually bought a retail copy myself. If you don't like the combat, then probably not worth the effort though.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Not as good as bloodlines, but it's worth playing. Combat gets repetitive but the atmosphere and story are good.

Ammar

Scholar
jaylittle said:
you fight one of those second gen vamps at the end instead of opening a coffin with a bomb.

Vukodlak is just an methusaleh, meaning 4th or 5th generation.

Lim-Lim

Liturgist
Redemption is one of those games that have aged pretty well, taking in account that you actually liked the game back when it was released.

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
phelot said:
Vampire The Masquerade.

I played it a lot a looong time ago and don't remember too much, but I remember that I enjoyed it. What does everyone think of it here? I don't hear too much about it.

Play it, for god's sake!

Still the best story I played in a RPG (and that includes JRPGs) - and yes, I played Torment.

Wonderful setting. Dark ages and and absolute mega cool present day scenario. Hacking your way through London is a blast.

VERY linear game, though. The devs didn't even bother to fully realise their dungeons and give dead ends some meaning (closed door or such) - those tunnels just ... end.

I love how your behaviour plays out in the ending. It depends on how much humanity you still had.

Beautiful design, looks way better than Bloodlines artistically. The Stephan's cathedral in Vienna is something to be marveled at.

Panthera

Scholar
I liked it as a hack and slash. The first few levels when you're still human are unbelievably boring, and nearly made me quit the game then and there, but it gets better. I got pretty hooked on the plot.

As for the modern half? Being a 600 year old vampire wielding a chainsaw is its own reward.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I really liked that game, but only played the first half of it. It has a fine plot, very good atmosphere (to me) and lovely settings. Yes, the genre is more of an ungodly Diablo/jRPG hybrid, but the story and art design I think excuse that. I regret never having completed this fine game.

In fact, I believe I like it more than Bloodlines, maybe /because/ I have never finished it.

Turok

Erudite
Vampire The Masquerade

This game was awesome, i love all of it, i remember the part when you sleep for hundred years and wake up on actual time, that game was totally awesome.

Phelot

Arcane
So are the people that hate it just comparing it to bloodlines or something? I can't seem to find my CD of it anymore otherwise I'd install it. Last time I played was probably 2002 or so.

Anyways, I've never even played Bloodlines, I really should get it. I didn't originally because I don't really like vampire settings too too much, but since everyone masturbates to this game...

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
What was that girl's name....the Aerith of Western RPG was it? Christoff is Cloud of Western RPG in my book.

'Tis only a flesh wound ,milady'

*Grimaces*

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Oh, and the opening video is the worst intro OF ALL TEIM! Seriously, watching it can make you gay. Look what happened to me. :cry:

SHOT0006.jpg

OMG SI VAMPIRE!!!11!

Just quickly hit escape when it comes up. The rest of the cut-scenes in the game are pretty cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom