Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most Replayed RPG of 2021 - Codex Survey

Trithne

Erudite
System Shock 2 (Twice, with RoSoDude's mods)

Got a brief review in you for the grogs here? :)

Well first off, Alarming Cameras is essential by itself - Even without any of the other mods, it completely changes up how you approach the game and makes cameras and the security system matter. Part of why I played it twice last year was one run going full-in on Psi, where I used the modified Electron Tampering to deal with them, and another run focused on Energy/Agility/Modify, where I didn't get Electron Tampering until fairly late and I had to actually use my speed and timing to evade cameras.

As for the RSD mod pack proper - The fact that it touches almost every part of the game makes it hard to review in brief, but stand-out features are the Stasis Generator being useful, Modify being bloody excellent, Tech skills overall having more uses, and in general the changes make different builds more distinct, especially around mid-game. Combined with Alarming Cameras and Scary Monsters, It just comes together to feel more like an RPG than the vanilla game.

To the point that I'm now wondering how much of a god-forsaken headache it would be to implement a Deus-Ex style dialog system into the game and make a better Cyberpunk RPG than CDPR did. But that's just so much wishful thinking.

Codex Year of the Donut
And apparently Oblivion.
kWbPviM.png
nice

Ulfhednar

Savant
Kingmaker
BGT
Deadfire
IWD II

Just abandoned replay attempts mostly, but I got pretty far in IWD II and Kingmaker. Other than IWD II, Kingmaker and new WotR, this year has really been dominated by metroidvanias and roguelites on switch, and cRPGs took a bit of a back-burner. Metroid Dread, Axiom Verge 2, Astalon, Hades, Slay the Spire, Crown Trick, Children of Morta and Moonlighter got most of my game-time this year. There was a Fell Seal playthrough in there somewhere, but I honestly can't remember if that was this year or the year before.

Funposter

Arcane
Morrowind (about twelve times)
Skyrim (didn't finish, got to about Level 20)
Persona 4 (got about halfway)
Fallout
Fallout 2

It has not been a big year.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Knights of the Chalice 2 (at least 4 times, 2 complete playthrough)
Knights of the Chalice
Wizardry 8
Dungeon Rats
Arcanum (halfway through, that's usually where I stop)
Age of Decadence
Underrail (stopped after completing most of the lower underrail content, capital city included)
Baldur's Gate (stopped after reaching Baldur's Gate)
BG 2 (stopped after getting back to Athlaka)
Vigilantes (forgot i did a normal run this year)

I'm not counting games I dropped early.
Probably forgot some, I'm not sure which Fallout mods I played this year.

Last edited:

Moaning_Clock

SmokeSomeFrogs
Developer
All beaten and replayed this year
Age of Decadence (5 times, Thief, Imperial Guards Switch, Imperial Guards Real, Assassin, Merchant)
Theseus: Journey to Athens (3 times or so)
Dungeon Rats (2 times)
A Legionary's Life (1 Ending, 1 retirement and many lost runs)

Replayed and beaten the first time (abandoned a run years ago)
Legend of Grimrock 1

Contagium

Savant
Patron
Avernum: Crystal Souls
Avernum: Escape from the Pit
Grim Dawn
Baldur's Gate II (finally played Throne of Baahl)
Diablo
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Titan Quest (Anniversary Edition)

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Icewind Dale
Icewind Dale 2
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Solasta: Crown of the Magister
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Pillars of Eternity
Knights of the Chalice 2

Arbiter

Scholar
Thief
Witcher
Witcher 2 (I did not finish it years ago when it was released because my laptop could barely run it)
Baldur's Gate (played last year until BG, restarted this year to play with my wife in coop mode)
IWD2
Goblins 2
Diablo
Diablo 3 (finally finished it 9 years after release. I am not buying the expansion)
WarCraft 2

Jason Liang

Arcane
Rance IV
Kichikuou Rance
Sengoku Rance
Rance Quest (this was due to the Mangagamer English translation being released)
Path of Exile (for about 2 months)
HBS Battletech (reinstalled a few months after uninstalling it to make room for MTG Arena)

agris

Arcane
Patron
  • Baldur’s Gate (non-EE)
  • Gothic 2
  • Fallout (in FO2 engine)
  • Diablo (devilutionX source port)
Fallout and Diablo were the only ones I finished.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Replays of 2021 in order played:

Gothic 2 + NOTR
Dragon Age Origins (first replay since release)
Geneforge 1 Mutagen (I count this as a replay since content wise it's 90% identical to the original).
Bloodlines
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Siege of Avalon
ADOM
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout Nevada
ATOM
Gothic 3

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Baldur's Gate 1
Planescape: Torment

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom