Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will Capcom remake Resident Evil 5?

JDR13

Arcane
My guess would be aspects of Code: Veronica just get folded into a Resident Evil 5 remake. Or it just gets turned into RE5 remake DLC. But since they haven’t renamed Code: Veronica yet, they’re definitely remaking RE5 after RE4, and Code: Veronica directly connects into RE5...it’s probably going to be there is some way.
I think there's zero chance of that. They'd either have to cut too much out or charge $50-$60 for a DLC.

Not really. Code: Veronica is a fairly short game. Like the original Resident Evil, it takes a while on your first go, but that’s just because you’re trying to figure out where stuff is.

When I first played Code: Veronica I’d just gotten my Dreamcast, and I didn’t have a VMU yet, which means I couldn’t save the game, so every time I died I had to start the whole fucking game over again. I thought this would be terrible. Starting over from the beginning every single time? The first time took hours. But a few goes later and I was getting off the island in around an hour. And that’s longer than the first Resident Evil, the remake, which adds more stuff, can be beaten in an hour once you know the puzzles and have your routes figured out.

The point is, there’s not actually a ton of content in the game, so if they wanted to do it as DLC it wouldn’t be that hard.
I get what you're saying, but length to beat once you know what you're doing doesn't necessarily translate to it being DLC. The remake of 3, from what I hear, should have been a DLC for the remake of 2. In practice, I think it depends solely on how much money they want out of it.
Exactly. Considering they gave RE3 the full game treatment, there's no way in hell CV would be any less if they decide to do something with it.

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
So they're going for round two then eh? Faggot journalists already fucked with the game back in 2007 by bitching about it being racist after its initial E3 trailer.
Understandably Capcom was completely baffled by the reaction. As they were yet untainted by the corrupting influence of western identity politics, it never once occurred to them the game could be interpreted that way.
And yeah, Capcom has denied that any changes they made to the game were due to any allegations of racism, but it's incredibly obvious they were as the very next trailer they released clearly made an effort to indicate that you'll be gunning down an ethnically diverse cast of zombies. Hooray!

My guess would be aspects of Code: Veronica just get folded into a Resident Evil 5 remake. Or it just gets turned into RE5 remake DLC. But since they haven’t renamed Code: Veronica yet, they’re definitely remaking RE5 after RE4, and Code: Veronica directly connects into RE5...it’s probably going to be there is some way.
I think there's zero chance of that. They'd either have to cut too much out or charge $50-$60 for a DLC.

Not really. Code: Veronica is a fairly short game. Like the original Resident Evil, it takes a while on your first go, but that’s just because you’re trying to figure out where stuff is.

When I first played Code: Veronica I’d just gotten my Dreamcast, and I didn’t have a VMU yet, which means I couldn’t save the game, so every time I died I had to start the whole fucking game over again. I thought this would be terrible. Starting over from the beginning every single time? The first time took hours. But a few goes later and I was getting off the island in around an hour. And that’s longer than the first Resident Evil, the remake, which adds more stuff, can be beaten in an hour once you know the puzzles and have your routes figured out.

The point is, there’s not actually a ton of content in the game, so if they wanted to do it as DLC it wouldn’t be that hard.
I get what you're saying, but length to beat once you know what you're doing doesn't necessarily translate to it being DLC. The remake of 3, from what I hear, should have been a DLC for the remake of 2. In practice, I think it depends solely on how much money they want out of it.
Exactly. Considering they gave RE3 the full game treatment, there's no way in hell CV would be any less if they decide to do something with it.

Resident Evil 3 is a vastly more well know game. The PSX version of RE3 outsold both the Dreamcast and PS2 versions of Code: Veronica combined...and they’ve already skipped it.

JDR13

Arcane

Resident Evil 3 is a vastly more well know game. The PSX version of RE3 outsold both the Dreamcast and PS2 versions of Code: Veronica combined...and they’ve already skipped it.
So? You're still missing the point. It's about how much content there is. CV had way more than RE3. It's much too long to pawn off as DLC unless they butchered the hell out of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom