Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

Excidium II
Excidium II
Stop banging your head on the wall then.
PeachPlumage
PeachPlumage
Stop holding me down!
United Nations
United Nations
Quake > Doom.
PeachPlumage
PeachPlumage
Legion! :D I have only really played the shareware version of Quake so I can't really compare the two.
Excidium II
Excidium II
Doom >>>>>> Quake
pippin
You only need Quake 1 and Doom 1. Doom1 is one of the best games ever made but Quake 1 is still unique and awesome. The sequels to both games are shit.
PeachPlumage
PeachPlumage
Interesting! What didn't you like about Doom 2, Pippin?
Excidium II
Excidium II
Because he's a faggot
pippin
Doom 2 was quite boring for me, even in day one. The maps felt uninspired and gimmicky, they relied too much in open spaces. It's like you can realize it was made with some sort of editor. Doom 1 had superior design and better maps. It's like the same difference between Quake 1 and 2, 1 was kind of its own thing while 2 was gray, square and boring. Still finished both Doom 2 and Quake 2 7+ times.
PeachPlumage
PeachPlumage
Rwy'n teimlo'n llwglyd , yn awr!
PeachPlumage
PeachPlumage
I'll keep that in mind when I play Doom 2. I haven't played the Doom series in years.
United Nations
United Nations
Agree that Quake 2 sucks. They swapped out the Cthulhu-like setting for some cliche space garbage. I guess ID is considering doing Quake 5 like a direct sequel to Quake 1, ignoring the other 3 entries in the series.
PeachPlumage
PeachPlumage
How much was the design of the original Quake's setting due to its earlier incarnation as a medieval melee type of combat system to what it was later made with the final product?
United Nations
United Nations
Not sure. Can't believe they dumped Trent Reznor's original score though. Quake 1 seems much more gothic than medieval IMO.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom