Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

Kz3r0
Kz3r0
I don't like tat Tarot deck.
ManjuShri
ManjuShri
What's your faves?
Kz3r0
Kz3r0
Marseilles.
Lios
Lios
Kz3r0
Kz3r0
He pushed his own agenda while pointing at some Khabbalistic undertones.
Considering that Marseille was one of the major Khabbalistic centers of Europe is not really surprising.
In my opinion he twisted or perverted some of the meanings, in general I don't like him.
Lios
Lios
I don't dig the everything=jehova's glorious eternal plan state of mind either, nor the unhealthy (if unavoidable) catholic apologetic undertones
but the man was an encyclopedia and preserved many of the symbols by reinstating their essence, personal agenda nonwithstanding

he also reminds me of a wine drinking salami eating uncle
Kz3r0
Kz3r0
Levi, differently by Crowley, was part of a genuine esoteric tradition, however I think that he corrupted it.
Lios
Lios
I'm genuinely interested to know why you believe that he corrupted it.
Kz3r0
Kz3r0
Using baphomet as the devil is quite telling.
To my knowledge such figure is outside of all known traditions that informed the Tarots.
Seems like a 'pagan' form of luciferianism, a rationalization of ancoent fertility cults with a thin coat of gnosticism.
Lios
Lios
Hm, Levi never bought into the devil as a horned dude though, more like the concentrated essence/egregoros of human evil and "corrupted astral light" or such.
And he had this unhealthy (for me) fixation of trying to make all pagan religions look incomplete and retarted because Kabbalah, man, so I'm not sure about the rationalization of ancient fertility cults.
Lios
Lios
also, I have to go to sleep because eyes start fucking me up, I'll passionately continue the marvelous conversation first chance tomorrow
Kz3r0
Kz3r0
Retconned would be more clear.
Besides Astral Light is just another way to spell Lucifer, Jewish tradition is quite adamant about mistaking Astral Light for God's light.
Lios
Lios
But is it practical to equate "devil/satan" (a construct of human folly) to "luciferian" (the promethean bringer of knowledge)?
As for astral light, for me it's one of those buzzwords occultists used to use to describe the indigo of the occult trip, these buzzwords get retconned themselves fairly often too (remember when all the buzz was Regardie magic=psychology, then it was the quanta?)
Kz3r0
Kz3r0
I consider Levi more 'serious'.
Based on Jewish tradition the Morning Star referred to a Babilonian king they despised, furthermore Babilon was where Astronomy and Astrology were born.
For Jews 'worshipping' stars was considered 'ignorant' of the true trascendental nature of God.
Essentially a Luciferian approach is at odds with Khabbalah.
Unless there is a 'secret' version of it but I doubt it.
Lios
Lios
Maybe I'm mistaken but "luciferian" was used by Levi not as as such a term, but as Eosforos*, the light of genius that through its self sacrifice enabled Man to self-realize, thus Eosforos being a part of God itself. So I'm not sure whether Kabbalah is at odds with such a narration.

*see also the loans the jews took from Appolo/Dionysus, Mithras etc etc
Kz3r0
Kz3r0
That's very similar to Jesus' sacrifice.
I doubt that's Jews would be keen on that.
Seems very etherodox to me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom