Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

Jason Liang
Jason Liang
both?
fantadomat
fantadomat
I meant foreign guy working in China.
Jason Liang
Jason Liang
I'm Chinese American and I teach college in China.
fantadomat
fantadomat
I take it that your parents emigrated to usa. Why did you decide to go back? Wanted to return to your roots or something along this line? If it is that...well i am kind of the same in a way ;) .
Jason Liang
Jason Liang
That's true. Too few of us take the time to learn about where our families came from. For me, I also have reasons personal (girlfriend) and professional (trying to make it in academia in the US is just ridiculous, even if you have the brains and the discipline).
fantadomat
fantadomat
Yeah,modern day educations is pretty shit,even in Eastern Europa. I wasted two years going for economical studies,saw that is pointless and waste of time and dropped out. From what i read and hear, education in the west have gone the sjw rout. Curious,how do you like China? From what i heard it is pretty good to live in as long as you are not a stupid capitalistic swine,then you will have problems.
Jason Liang
Jason Liang
Honestly its rough and lonely. You have to adjust to the culture. Like how people here are casually dishonest- if you ask for directions and they dont know, they'll point you in the wrong direction to save embarassment. Lifestyle you have to be health conscious or you'll get sick. And unless its Beijing or Shanghai there's no nightlife. Other cities often wont have public spaces like libraries, concerts, stadiums.
unfairlight
unfairlight
I've heard a lot of bad stuff about the food in China. Gutter oil being the most disgusting of them, is it actually an issue? On the dishonesty thing, I think communism fucked a lot of people up since Mao was brutal.
fantadomat
fantadomat
Lol totally missed the alert :) . Only bad food is the one that is spoiled and can kill you,anything else is taste. From what i have heard from people that have been to China a lot of their towns are in million population. So it is strange to not have libraries or night life.
unfairlight
unfairlight
Gutter oil is literal sewage though, it can potentially kill you. The health concerns aren't anywhere near up to standard with the west either, with diseased meat being sold and in 2008 the dairy industry being completely destroyed after infant formulas had been laced with melamine, which hospitalized 54,000 babies. Chinese people no longer trust Chinese dairy because of that to this day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom