Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

janior
janior
Click pow nine thou
What? Just what I thought, what's up now? (what's up now?)
Hu
I'm like Hu-hu-
Hu-
I'm like Hu-hu-
Hu-clickpow nine thou
Jacob
Jacob
Is this a song? For some reason it made me laugh.
Jacob
Jacob
Oh, I remember this song and the game. It was pretty good, but I'm not sure it deserves the best racing game title though.
janior
janior
was good fun as a kiddo
Jacob
Jacob
I dislike it when you can upgrade your starter car enough to keep up with luxury sports car you face later in the game, from gameplay and realism perspective it's bad.
janior
janior
You won't be able to beat the whole game with a starting car though, gonna need one new or two. Especially for police chases, not so much for races.
Although maybe i'm bad and you could beat the game with starting punto/lexus. Lexus was quite decent, but obsolete half-way through the blacklist.
Jacob
Jacob
From gameplay perspective, it takes away one incentive to use the other cars. Car choices becomes a purely cosmetic choices, instead of a tiered car progression where the next tier of vehicles are better but also more challenging.
Jacob
Jacob
From realism perspective... well, I'm not an expert, but I've never seen a Ford Fiesta racing against a Porsche in any kind of real life motorsport.
Jacob
Jacob
I remember late game you can max all the stats on the car you use. But to be honest, I never really used the starter cars until late game either. It's usually the early-mid cars you can unlock, like the RX-7 or Subaru. You're probably correct since IIRC the 3 starters are like a boat.
Jacob
Jacob
Or maybe, they really intended for the cars to have "soft" tier, but screws up balance and made the RX-7 useful far longer than it should be.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom