Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

Heroic Liberator
Heroic Liberator
It's depressing to think about how our musical veterans will die within the following decades and all that we'll be left with are epigones.
Verylittlefishes
Verylittlefishes
Well, before, say, 1920s, we didn't have any at all. Music was a privilege tied to a place. Maybe something different will emerge, like sound recording was.
Heroic Liberator
Heroic Liberator
The age makes the man. Don't see any Boyds being made nowadays.
Verylittlefishes
Verylittlefishes
There was PLENTY of time before the invention of the sound recording and a concepts of "album", "singer-songwriter" etc appearing. I hope videogames medium will deliver something groundbreaking in following years.
Heroic Liberator
Heroic Liberator
Eh, being a game dev isn't really the job for iconoclasts. They'd be allegorically lynched at the first display of edgy wrongthink.
Verylittlefishes
Verylittlefishes
Well, to think of music, in its current form after noise it is finished developing and can only subsubdividing to microgenres no one cares about. We need a new approach. Like, composing in VR with your thoughts, I don't know. Or direct transmission of brainwaves package.
Verylittlefishes
Verylittlefishes
Technology can change the gamerules. Which one is the question. I bet on neural networks + VR + ?
Heroic Liberator
Heroic Liberator
You're mistaking my intent. I am not interested in art for art's sake, but in the development of great men who happen to be artists, their great art being just a byproduct of their own personal greatness. We need more d'Annunzios and Mishimas.
Verylittlefishes
Verylittlefishes
Well, they probably will be off the grid of Twitter...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom