Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

NJClaw
NJClaw
I think you are just drawing conclusions prematurely. You are talking about "heavy time restrictions", but I still haven't seen anything like that (I haven't played the game that much, I'm still finishing my first playthrough). I just saw that if you walk near a quest and say "nah, fuck that, I don't care, I have other things to do", the quest progresses on its own, and I liked that.
NJClaw
NJClaw
Do you honestly think that they will implement HEAVY time restrictions? We are talking about Larian, they have to appeal to the broadest possible audience.
fantadomat
fantadomat
Ahh depends on what you mean by heavy. For me the game taking content from me because i didn't run to talk to X retards is a shit mechanic. If you make clear timed quests like kingmaker where it says X days till fuck up,then i have no problem.
fantadomat
fantadomat
But if it is losing quests because i was buying some health potions next door and decided to leave the quest for later or i rested and a bunch of shit progressed without me....well that is retarded mechanic in me book.
fantadomat
fantadomat
I like to enjoy the game to the fullest and not be worrying about missing content because there is some arbitrary hidden time mechanic that doesn't make sense.
fantadomat
fantadomat
You can't have good exploration with that shit lol.
NJClaw
NJClaw
That makes sense if you plan on playing through the game only once. Maybe that's true for you, but that's not true for everyone. A lot of people like to play through RPGs multiple times, and having quests that evolve differently depending on how and when you decide to tackle them helps in creating each time a different playthrough.
NJClaw
NJClaw
I already know that I won't have a good time exploring in BG3, since I hate how Larian builds these giant maps that feel like long endless corridors.
fantadomat
fantadomat
LoL you sound like some casualtard whining about branching shit. You play the game once and if it is great game you play 10 more times. Deus ex,thief or might and magic games have no branching shit yet i have repalayed them 20 times by now lol. Tell me a singe good game that when for the replayability value lol!
fantadomat
fantadomat
Yeah,their exploration mechanics are good but their core level design is pretty bad. Their games are shit ton of wasted potential,it is really annoying.
NJClaw
NJClaw
What kind of argument is that? You can't name a single good game that gives good blowjobs, but does it mean that a game that gives good blowjobs isn't a good idea?

Okay, maybe that's not the best example, but I'm going to stick to it.
NJClaw
NJClaw
How in the hell you can say that quests that might evolve in different ways are a bad thing is incomprehensible to me.
fantadomat
fantadomat
LoL no,there is plenty of shitty games that try to be repayable and don't get it that replayability comes from the fucking game being good and not having branching stories and shit. The whole argument about having different experience on replay is shit. It always about missing content and stopping you play as you feel like it.
fantadomat
fantadomat
Vampire,deus ex,torment and arcanum did it right,yet i see not a single timed quest or shit you miss out because muh arbitrary hidden mechanics.
fantadomat
fantadomat
LoL i am not saying that,i am saying that it is shit if they evolve without you being part of it. It should be player's choice lol. You living a quest for later and end up resolved before you could interact with it,is not evolving quest lol.
NJClaw
NJClaw
Fanta, why does the passing of time scare you so much? Are you getting old? Do we need to put you in a nursing home with your scalie friend?
NJClaw
NJClaw
If a building is in flames and you ignore it because you want to do something else you are choosing to let it burn and ignore the quest. If that just leads to you completely missing out on the content related to that quest, okay, it's not that interesting, but if the quest instead evolves in a different way (someone else saves the lord from the fire and now they are allies), I can dig that.
fantadomat
fantadomat
LoL watch out you old italian saggy bag! Corona does love old people like you. :)

You are beating around the bush now and go for the low hanging fruit. As i said before,i dislike being rushed and like to take me times exploring and going shit i find fun. Dislike being said what to do and when to do. I like doing 100% runs in me games. Dislike content gating.
fantadomat
fantadomat
LoL you are being very optimistic about swen's retardation. Have you frorgoten dos2? You clear the whole island of the inquisition retards,but people still whine about being prisoners. You open the prison doors and they won't even try to leave lol. Reactivity 20/10 lol
NJClaw
NJClaw
Luckily (?) for me, I'm just old on the inside. I still have 3 years to live, I hope I will be able to play BG3 before the inevitable end!

I don't think the game will actually rush you to do anything. Kingmaker barely tried it giving you like 200.000.000 days to complete simple tasks, and people still complained. A lot of people hate hard time limits, and I don't think Larian has the guts to add them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom