Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

NJClaw
NJClaw
I honestly thought you only played traditional RPGs from the past, so Dark Souls is a bit of a shock. What's your stance on the series as a whole?
newtmonkey
newtmonkey
I absolutely love the whole series. I've completed them all (except for Bloodborne... no desire to get a PS4/PS5), some of them several times. They all have their good and bad points, though DS1 is definitely the most consistently good overall.
newtmonkey
newtmonkey
DS2 has some janky hitbox stuff and some really annoying areas toward the end, but I felt it was a good followup to DS1. DS3 looks and plays great without any annoying areas or bosses, but each area feels completely disconnected from other areas.

Demon's Souls has some of the best and worst area design in the series, but I really like how unique many of the boss encounters are. What did you think about the series?
NJClaw
NJClaw
Finding people able to appreciate all the entries in the series while also recognizing their flaws is always nice. People screeching about DS2/DS3 being "objectively" shit/the best are funny at first, but it becomes tiresome after a while.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom