Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

Thac0
Thac0
I like the aesthetic, but I can't really into action JRPGs. Tried a few Tales of ... games, and found them utterly boring. Crystar gets namedropped as a hidden gem from time to time tho.
Malamert
Malamert
Going to give it a go. It'll be a welcome change of pace after all those Idea Factory/Compile Hearts games. The aesthetics are simply superb and the story seems pretty interesting. Hopefully the gameplay will be alright as well.
Thac0
Thac0
Have you seen that Sony added a fuckton of classical JRPGs to the PStore to support their new shitty wannabe gamepass? I got Dark Cloud I+II, Wild Arms, Arc the Lad, Rogue Galaxy from there, all previously unaccessible on EU PS4.
Busy with those atm, Dark Cloud is p. wholesome.
Malamert
Malamert
Huh, wasn't there some controversy some weeks ago around Sony removing a lot of games from their store or something like that?
Thac0
Thac0
Do you mean when they planned to shut down the entire PS3/PSP store? Turns out that lead to weebs panic buying so many JRPGs that not only the old stores now stay up indefinitely, they also started porting more old games to PS4. Turns out Jim Ryan is a faggot.
Rean
Rean
I'm gonna grab this right now, slipped under the radar.
Rean
Rean
Thac0 didn't like Tales of Zestiria or Berseria? Shame man, they're good stories.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom