Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

IDtenT
IDtenT
Not yet!
IDtenT
IDtenT
Should I play KB+M or XBox controller?

Should I do Sky first, or can I do that after the bug has bitten?
IDtenT
IDtenT
Okay, so you're the schoolboy leader, I see I see. Now I understand your hots for Valestein. How do these links even work? And supporting party members? Different types of actions...
IDtenT
IDtenT
Does the game just throw you in the deep end like this, or is it just part of the tutorial? Because I have no idea what I'm doing. Does the formation matter at all, or is it straight up blobber fight territory? Turns seem to be in an order, rather than timed, right?
IDtenT
IDtenT
Would I have better bearings if I start with Sky first?
Rean
Rean
Nah, you're good to start with Cold Steel first. Probably the most intuitive to open up with gameplay-wise and when it really opens up in the last games it's a sight to behold.
Story-wise, you'll have very few gaps by not playing Sky. The ingame journals are really good with information.
And controller is probably the easiest.
Rean
Rean
You're probably playing the tutorial. It's been a few years since I played CS1, so can't quite remember. Turns are in order, which can be influenced with a few different factors. If you're playing on the highest difficulty (you should be), turn order is very important to keep an eye on. CS1 is probably the hardest of the 4 games.
Rean
Rean
Combat links is a good way to tie mechanics into character development. The better your relationship with the linked, the more abilities become available. Those happen automatically, but what you probably want to focus on is how to manage your BP to attack with your teammates.
Rean
Rean
The orbment system might take you a while to grasp fully, but that's where you want to do your best optimization.
IDtenT
IDtenT
Okay, assuming it's the tutorial (it doesn't really indicate), I'll start at lvl1? Because all the characters are lvl 40+.
Rean
Rean
I'm pretty sure you start at level 1. Must be a tutorial. You sure you're playing CS1?
IDtenT
IDtenT
Yes. :D

There's some sort of invasion, you start in some sort of base. You play as Rean, and you've got a full party - including the two teachers.
IDtenT
IDtenT
I'm playing on medium btw. I don't play JRPGs and I don't want to get too stuck. The hardest difficult is also suggested as a New Game + mode.
Rean
Rean
There's definitely a bunch of hard fights in that first one.
vonAchdorf
vonAchdorf
You just don't want IDtenT to play with TitS.
IDtenT

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom