Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

Üstad
Üstad
You're one of the Balkan countries right? I'm sure there are boomer only locales there, pretty sure they also constantly talk about conspiracy theories and make uneducated comments. So if you know them you already know half of things I'm going to say.
CyberWhale
CyberWhale
I know them, Tito was actually a British agent of Russian ancestry that replaced real Josip Broz during his time in Soviet captivity. Still, would like to hear some genuine Turkish examples for shits and giggles.
Üstad
Üstad
But I'll post the interesting ones I remember. One of the guys were making comments about Obama being muslim and saying he attended his circumcision ceremony. I had a hard time to contain my laughter in this one.
Üstad
Üstad
Comments about Atatürk being Jewish also Erdoğan being jewish, claiming he is a Georgian Jew, his real name is Teyyüp instead of Tayyip, which is supposed to be a Jewish name.
Üstad
Üstad
Generic comments about Erdoğan wrapping the entire world on his finger, ruining their ploys. It's only funny when you see them though and while not being citizen of Turkey. It's not so funny when you realize these people can vote : (
Üstad
Üstad
Some of them comment about not drinking from certain fountain because it makes people gay. Also "if Erdoğan is devout muslim why doesn't he bring sharia" I heard it during one of the arguments.
Üstad
Üstad
These are the first ones I remembered. They make uneducated comments pretty much everything, obviously I can't remember all of them.
CyberWhale
CyberWhale
Why is Turkish proficiency in English so bad on average? I mean there are obviously Turks speaking and writing it relatively fluently (otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion at all), but from personal experience I've got an impression that many young Turks don't speak it at all. Is there another second language that is perhaps more popular?
Üstad
Üstad
Bad language education, parents don't encourage it from young age, also less exposure to foreign language, our internet and media is quite insular compared to others.

My English isn't that good, as you might have noticed there are lots of mistakes and my sentences are quite simplistic.
Üstad
Üstad
Where are you from by the way, Bosnia?
CyberWhale
CyberWhale
Croatia. I'm not disclosing the city or region, of course.
CyberWhale
CyberWhale
Are foreign TV series/movies subtitled or dubbed? Hungarians/Italians have it dubbed and therefore they suck at it as well, but latter are still vastly better at it. Hungarians do know German sometimes, at least the better educated ones do.
Üstad
Üstad
TV ones are dubbed while streaming services are usually with subtitles, younger people use more streaming services.
CyberWhale
CyberWhale
Streaming services are a relatively new phenomenon. Like I expected, dubbing fucks up language learning opportunities for the widest audience, especially kids that have the natural talent but don't come from middle class background with affinity for learning.
CyberWhale
CyberWhale
In regard to your English proficiency, you make some grammatical mistakes, but we all do it from time to time (moar like quite often). Most of the vocabulary masturbation is just unwarranted pretentiousness and doesn't equate profoundness, even if it tries to masquerade as such. Just look at the insane ramblings of vatniks in the Russ-Ukro war thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom