Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

zwanzig_zwoelf
Pfft.
Replace the text with "Thank you for using Adblock. Your mother's blowjobs make me feel better than the scraps I receive from ads."
a cut of domestic sheep prime
much more than a grand a month in fact.
zwanzig_zwoelf
I mean "1 blowjob > scraps from 1 user". No hoe would cost more than a grand for one fucking blowjob. That must be some golden hoe.
Severian Silk
Just get rid of General Discussion. Problem solved.
Taluntain
Taluntain
A grand a month... :omgkillmenoworImgonnadielaughing:
Taluntain
Taluntain
Oh wait, "much more " even... Jesus Christ Lambchop19, if only gamer traffic here was actually worth anywhere near as much as you think it is. If only.
wut? srsly? Maybe think about trying some different ad networks?
I mean, I've known people who do gamer marketing. The traffic can be worth a decent amount. One guy my friend knows does some sort of RPG videos on youtube and clears $4k+ per video.
Severian Silk
Use Google AdSense like I do. I made ~$20.00 in ten years!
Lol, Severian, don't knock Adsense. One guy I know runs Adsense on this site: http://learningcomputer.com

and makes around $100-200 month on Adsense - not including the $100-200 a month he makes on YouTube via tutorial vids.
Of course I know professionals that make several hundred grand a month on Adsense, but my point is, anyone can make money with it if they have the traffic.
Taluntain
Taluntain
Lambchop, very few advertising networks are willing to serve ads on a site like the Codex. Video marketing on YouTube is incomparable; by default video advertising pays much better than banners and on a giant reputable service provider like YT even more so. Just having traffic means very little if 2/3 of it blocks all ads and the rest never click on any.
Taluntain
Taluntain
There are big differences between your general gaming public and hard-core curmudgeons.
You know your own numbers better than I do, bro. Though maybe a lot of the reason people don't click the ads is because they are irrelevant. Maybe 1 in 200 ads I see are for an actual video game.

If you can't use Adsense, maybe get a newsletter going via mailchimp or getresponse to keep up engagement and build a marketing list for affiliate marketing. Join some gaming affiliate networks too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom