Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Make your own Dungeon Siege 2 game!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Dungeon Siege 2; Gas Powered Games

<a href=http://www.gaspowered.com/>Gas Powered Games</a> has announced that <a href=http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/e/d/3ed5a2f6-5f06-47e2-9efe-5331d1e24412/DS2TK_Installer_v1.0.exe>DS 2 Tool Kit</a> is now available for download. For instructions and all kinda tutorials, <a href=http://garage.gaspowered.com/?q=ds2modding>click here</a>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPG Dot</A>

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Sweet! There's already a decent amount of mods out there, but they're all pretty much simple stuff. Now we should see a good flood of maps and such. I'm bored with the OC already. :cry:

Whipporowill

Erudite
In time for the release of the DS II tools we get the first true conversion for DS I, due out in a month or so,... ha. Still, I'm interested to see how good Lazarus turns out, as I never got the chance to play the original Ultima V.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Hey Otaku, just noticed your new status. Welcome to the club.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Hey, thanks. Although I'm actually Tycoon Codex staff. ;)

I'm actually looking forward to trying out that TC myself, Whip. I do still have my copy of the original DS floating around here somewhere. Apparently though, over 90% of the mods for DS are compatable with DS2 with just a little tweaking here and there. So maybe they'll be able to move Lazarus onto DS2 as well. I would much prefer that over playing the interactive screensaver that is DS.

Keldryn

Arcane
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Hey, thanks. Although I'm actually Tycoon Codex staff. ;)

I'm actually looking forward to trying out that TC myself, Whip. I do still have my copy of the original DS floating around here somewhere. Apparently though, over 90% of the mods for DS are compatable with DS2 with just a little tweaking here and there. So maybe they'll be able to move Lazarus onto DS2 as well. I would much prefer that over playing the interactive screensaver that is DS.

It isn't going to happen. Converting Lazarus to DS2 might be technically quite possible, but DS2 does not contain all of the art resources included with the original DS that are used in Lazarus. That artwork is all copyrighted Microsoft content, and we would not be able to distribute it.

On top of that, I think it's pretty safe to say that we've made more extensions to the basic game than any other DS mod projects, and whether those systems would just plug into DS2 is debatable. I can confidently say that the game feels nothing like Dungeon Siege once you start playing it.

Drakron

Arcane
The thing that turn me off DS2 was the save funtion, I like saying at any time and now in some god damn save point ... even console games are moving away from that with larger capacity data storing devices.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Dude it's like Diablo 2. In any case, what save points? Once you complete a quest, and you save the game, the quest stays done. You don't have to redo it. The monsters in the wilderness respawn but that's because a bunch of them are randomly generated.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
As Ex pointed out, you can save at ANYTIME in the game, but when you load up you start in the last town you were in. Just like Diablo 2. Any quests you've done are still done, etc., etc. I'm pretty happy with it, but it's not something I will play for awhile now since I've pretty much gotten bored with the OC. Now I'll just bide my time with other games until Lazarus for DS comes out and other maps for DS2.

And thanks for the info, Keldryn. Guess I'll have to pull out my copy of DS then. Was hoping I could be lazy on this one though. :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom