Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Wasteland 2 & Pillars of Eternity: The White March E3 2015 Interview Videos

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Adam Brennecke; Brian Fargo; Chris Keenan; Divinity: Original Sin; InXile Entertainment; John Watson; Larian Studios; Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity; Pillars of Eternity: The White March; Stoic Studio; Swen Vincke; The Banner Saga 2; Wasteland 2

Although people from both inXile and Obsidian were at E3 last month to talk about Wasteland 2 Director's Cut and Pillars of Eternity: The White March, respectively, it seems like few of the attending journalists were interested in interviewing them on camera. Well, it turns out that at least some of them were just taking forever to upload their videos. A few days ago, Gamereactor uploaded their interview with inXile's Chris Keenan, and today, a gaming channel called Press Start TV uploaded one with Brian Fargo. Here's the Gamereactor interview:

There's nothing much new in these interviews, although the latter one does manage to finally extract a release date for the Wasteland 2 Director's Cut - probably September, October at the latest. The same can be said for Gamereactor's interview with Obsidian's Adam Brennecke:

Gamereactor also uploaded their interview with Banner Saga 2 developer John Watson today, although that's less of a find - the Stoic guys compensated for their usual avoidance of self-promotion by being remarkably prolific E3 interviewees.

Update: Gamereactor have uploaded yet another E3 interview, this time with Larian's Swen Vincke. Once again, not much new here, but Swen does announce that the Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition is on schedule for a late October release.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Whoops, should have waited another day: http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/332023/Larian's+Swen+Vincke+on+Divinity:+Original+Sin+on+console/

We caught up with Larian Studios' Swen Vincke to learn more about the work with the Enhanced Edition of Divinity: Original Sin and the fact that the studio may pull off a first - delivering a game on time!

"We're really happy that we got the chance to do [the Enhanced Edition]," says Vincke. "When you compare what's in the Enhanced Edition now to the original version of Original Sin, which was already a lot of fun, it's a completely different game. There's so much stuff that we've been able to polish. It's fully voice recorded now. The skills look flashier, feel more rewarding. You have a whole bunch of extra skills for the classes that couldn't really be explored that well in the previous game. Rogues can do more stuff. Warriors can do more stuff. Rangers can do more stuff. So it just feels like a more complete, let's put it that way."

"Then we've also been able to touch up the story in the weaker parts that we thought. We've improved quest that we though weren't as cool. We've improved the dialogues. We had generic dialogues in the past to save on the cost of it. Now we've made them all unique."

Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition will not only hit the new-gen consoles PS4 and Xbox One, but for anyone who owns the PC game it will be a free update when it launches. Much like Wasteland 2: Director's Cut.

"Currently we're targeting end of October [for release], says Vincke. It's already very far advanced, all the content is there, all the voice recordings are finally finished took us six months."

Hitting the release date "would be a first for Larian" said Vincke, but he clearly didn't want to jinx it adding "we'll see" at the end.

Deleted member 7219

Whoops, should have waited another day: http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/332023/Larian's+Swen+Vincke+on+Divinity:+Original+Sin+on+console/

We caught up with Larian Studios' Swen Vincke to learn more about the work with the Enhanced Edition of Divinity: Original Sin and the fact that the studio may pull off a first - delivering a game on time!

"We're really happy that we got the chance to do [the Enhanced Edition]," says Vincke. "When you compare what's in the Enhanced Edition now to the original version of Original Sin, which was already a lot of fun, it's a completely different game. There's so much stuff that we've been able to polish. It's fully voice recorded now. The skills look flashier, feel more rewarding. You have a whole bunch of extra skills for the classes that couldn't really be explored that well in the previous game. Rogues can do more stuff. Warriors can do more stuff. Rangers can do more stuff. So it just feels like a more complete, let's put it that way."

"Then we've also been able to touch up the story in the weaker parts that we thought. We've improved quest that we though weren't as cool. We've improved the dialogues. We had generic dialogues in the past to save on the cost of it. Now we've made them all unique."

Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition will not only hit the new-gen consoles PS4 and Xbox One, but for anyone who owns the PC game it will be a free update when it launches. Much like Wasteland 2: Director's Cut.

"Currently we're targeting end of October [for release], says Vincke. It's already very far advanced, all the content is there, all the voice recordings are finally finished took us six months."

Hitting the release date "would be a first for Larian" said Vincke, but he clearly didn't want to jinx it adding "we'll see" at the end.

Interesting interview, that one. It starts off incredibly poorly, with Swen talking about sitting on a couch with friends (I don't want to sit on a fucking couch with any of my friends).

But then he goes into what new stuff they've put in. Looks like everything has been improved. Difficulty, skills, quests and dialogue.

The last two I thought were extremely weak in Divinity: OS, looking forward to what they've come up with now. The good quests seemed to run out pretty quickly, and the dialogue was lulzy - felt like it needed the MCA touch.

Deleted member 7219

Who is the human wreck on the left conducting the interview?

Looks like someone pissed on his face doesn't it. I know about skin conditions, but not yellow skin like that. Unless he has liver failure or something.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
He looks like a hobo. Since they usually are not so young, he reminds me of the photos of the real Chris Mccandles I have seen.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
He looks like he should be coveting a ring down in a dark cave.

Jackalope

Arcane
Come on guys, don't be so harsh on the poor guy. He was pretty good in the Amazing Spider-man 2.
Amazing-SPider-Man-2-Green-Goblin.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom