Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Hammer & Sickle Q&A at Worthplaying

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Hammer & Sickle; Nival Interactive

<a href=http://www.worthplaying.com/>Worthplaying</a> had a word with producer dude Mario Kroll of CDV about Nival's upcoming Cold War RPG Hammer & Sickle and posted an <a href=http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=29993>interview</a>.<blockquote>Q: Will there be any multiplayer options for H&S? If so, what will the game types be, and how will they work?
<br>
<br>
MK: There will be no multiplayer in Hammer & Sickle.</blockquote>I love this kind of thing where the interviewer asks a big open question with the potential for a long response and the interviewee just goes "nope".
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

FrancoTAU

Cipher
This interview has really pumped me up for this game. Sounds like everything i look for in my RPGs. Hopefully we don't get a crappy translation over in the US.

merry andrew

Erudite
Players can choose to act directly to achieve mission goals or “do their homework” by completing various secondary missions and information gathering tasks in order to more easily achieve their primary objectives.
Wood!

spacemoose

Erudite
I want to know if they have changed the leveling system. What I mean is - in Silent Storm skills would only increase through practise, and you were almost forced to treadmill some critical skills - like interrupt, since it was impossible to raise them doing only the main story missions. This was horribly tedious to such a degree that I dropped this game, even though I loved the combat system and destructible terrain.

merry andrew

Erudite
Spacemoose said:
I want to know if they have changed the leveling system. What I mean is - in Silent Storm skills would only increase through practise, and you were almost forced to treadmill some critical skills - like interrupt, since it was impossible to raise them doing only the main story missions. This was horribly tedious to such a degree that I dropped this game, even though I loved the combat system and destructible terrain.
Gah, I did that too. I wanted my stealthy-type main character to be excellent with throwing knives. So I had him solo a bunch of missions and random encounters. When I came back to get my team, they were all auto-leveled way above me and it made the game really easy so I stopped playing.

Crichton

Prophet

There's a little skill-hack you can download called Watchdog, it'll auto-raise the skills of your team members when they level-up, makes classes like medic and engineer useful again. It has set minimums for for each class at each level, so it basically removes the whole "use-to-improve" mechanic; you do whatever you want with your charecters and when your party levels up they get their class skills bumped up to a reasonable number for that level. I can't imagine playing without it.

link[/url]

Balor

Arcane
Well, either they fixed that in H&S, or I"ve never noticed that. *hmms*
Former is more likely, cause I recall traning my chars that way in SS, but never in H&S.

I ever recall that Novik indeed mention that it sucked and he changed that, now.
Canot recall what and how, though (quite a bit of time has passed).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom