Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Gothic III NA publisher confirmed

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Gothic III; Piranha Bytes

After Atari completely bungled the release of Gothic II in North America and never bothered to release the expansion, Night of the Raven, it was unlikely developer Piranha Bytes would go back to the same company. This time around, they've partnered with Aspyr Media to release G3 in North America (<a href=http://bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=62467>story at Blue's</a>:<blockquote>AUSTIN, TX (November 30, 2005) - Aspyr Media today announced it has acquired the rights from JoWood to publish and distribute Gothic III in North America. As the third part of this globally successful role-playing saga, Gothic III offers players a nonlinear, open-ended role-playing game with an enthralling story that presents an extremely detailed simulation of nature and human behavior. Developed by Germany’s Piranha Bytes/Pluto13, Gothic III will be released in the first quarter of 2006 for the PC at a SRP of $39.99.</blockquote>Aspyr is also releasing Gothic II Gold, which includes the G2 expansion, so check it out if you've been wondering what Germany's been raving about.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I wish in the Gold Version they would have included Gothic I, Gothic II and NotR.

But finally getting NotR for the US is good.

Zomg

Arbiter
Jaesun said:
I wish in the Gold Version they would have included Gothic I, Gothic II and NotR.

No kidding. I could also go for Gothic 1 in the Gothic 2 engine - the assets seem basically identical except the UI is superior in 2.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I've been playing Gothic 1/2/gold for around two months. Back to back to back to back to back. I'm currently playing G2 Gold as a Fire Mage. :cool:

DarkSign

Erudite
LlamaGod said:
this new publisher > atari's stupid ass

Having dealt with Francois Masciopinto and his underlings, if they are any indication about the rest of Atari...a) Atari is insanely terrible at everything b) they have the business sense of a grubworm...and not even a freakin' cool radioactive grubworm.

Let's hope they continue their fine tradtion of operating losses :)

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Forget this Q1 shit.... Jowood sucks at release date predictions.
A few months ago some German print magazines, one of them GameStar (teh biggest), got the chance to "play" an actual version of the game and talked a little with the devs... The realistic conclusion of all editors was that this game could never hit the Q1 release date...it's just too unfinished. More likely to be a late summer/Fall release.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, at the time of the GameStar article, it sounded like they had almost finished the engine and just begun thinking about the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom