Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News New Bloodlines fan patch

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

A new release of the Bloodlines fan patch is ready to be downloaded, bringing the unofficial updates up to 1.9. Here's a <a href=http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=30262>download link</a> to the 30MB patch and here's some fixlist:<blockquote> * Made the Hallowbrook hotel's naming consistent throughout the game.
<br>
* Let Ra blade cause more damage instead of not working faster attack.
<br>
* Fixed a bug with Patty appearing in the alley although she is dead.
<br>
* Replaced location labels of the missing sewermap with worldmap ones.
<br>
* Put two of the unused female raver models into the club Confession.
<br>
* Resized unspectacular lower resolution fonts for better readability.
<br>
* Made Hannah actually die at the time that she is supposed to do so.
<br>
* Corrected the corrupted Intimidation font "W" at higher resolutions.
<br>
* Relocated Pearl of Dubai and cut pulltoy to Kilpatrick's bailbonds.
<br>
* Put unfinished dogs at Giovanni Mansion and fixed Mira dialogue bug.
<br>
* Removed critical bum cutscene and illogical Pisha feeding cutscene.
<br>
* Made Grout's wife fully visible and repaired a Muddy quest shortcut.
<br>
* Granted occult hacking powerup as reward for doing Mitnick's quest.
<br>
* Placed Obfuscate and lockpicking powerups at Nosferatu and LA haven.
<br>
* Fixed a possible quest breaking bug with the Fu Syndicate elevator.</blockquote>Nothing particularly groundbreaking there, but bugfixes are always nice.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Dang, reading that makes me want to try to replay bloodlines again. However, I just know it comes with a bunch of "fixes" that I'm sure would unbalance the game. Things like giving the occult blade to Yugi or reducing rifles to one bullet before needing to reload.

JaheiraRocks

Novice
illogical Pisha feeding cutscene

What do they mean by that? :? There's one feeding scene, and I'm not sure how that one is "illogical"...

Pr()ZaC

Scholar
JaheiraRocks said:

What do they mean by that? :? There's one feeding scene, and I'm not sure how that one is "illogical"...
I guess you'll have to reinstall bloodlines to know the truth :lol:
I'm starting to delete some stuff from my HD to make space for it.

JaheiraRocks

Novice
Pr()ZaC said:
JaheiraRocks said:

I guess you'll have to reinstall bloodlines to know the truth :lol:
I'm starting to delete some stuff from my HD to make space for it.

Already have it installed and I've played throught it twice in the recent weeks. Guess I'll have to play yet another time (after installing v1.9 patch) to see what the difference is :P

Keep getting CRC errors in two files... Hmmm.... I'll try another mirror to see if it's the same problem.

JaheiraRocks

Novice
Gah.. tried another mirror and still getting the same errors on extraction:

CRC failed in Vampire\maps\sp_giovanni_2b.bsp. The file is corrupt
CRC failed in Vampire\maps\ch_fulab_1.bsp. The file is corrupt

Hmm... maybe try another extractor.

Edit: Three different mirrors, four different extractors, three different downloaders. No dice. Still errors.

Deacdo

Liturgist
Why are they removing cutscenes? :|

If I get Bloodlines and install these patches, am I getting a nerfed version or something? Some of this seems dubious.

Rat Keeng

Liturgist
Cutscenes are the root of all evil, they will cause World War III unless something is done about them, mark my words.

As for the Pisha cutscene, I think it's the one where a body suddenly appears out of nowhere on her table there, she nibbles on him for two seconds, and then it disappears into thin air, I found that somewhat illogical.

CRC failed in Vampire\maps\sp_giovanni_2b.bsp. The file is corrupt
CRC failed in Vampire\maps\ch_fulab_1.bsp. The file is corrupt

I get the same errors in those two files, however, I believe you can use the ones from the 1.8 zipfile if you have it, their changed dates are the same right down to the minute, and they're the exact same size.

JaheiraRocks

Novice
Rat Keeng said:
Cutscenes are the root of all evil, they will cause World War III unless something is done about them, mark my words.

Nothing wrong with cutscenes if they're well made, and skippable (they're less fun when you've already watched them 10 times before). Alas, that's often not the case. :(

As for the Pisha cutscene, I think it's the one where a body suddenly appears out of nowhere on her table there, she nibbles on him for two seconds, and then it disappears into thin air, I found that somewhat illogical.

Ah... I don't think the cutscene "idea" was illogical. Just makes it a little more obvious what she does/is, but I can agree that it wasn't very well made. IMO, it whould be better to tweak it a bit than to remove it alltogether... but it's not like it was a major cutscene, so I guess I can live without it.

I get the same errors in those two files, however, I believe you can use the ones from the 1.8 zipfile if you have it, their changed dates are the same right down to the minute, and they're the exact same size.

Yah, already did that. Good thing I kept the old one. Saw a post on Blues that mentioned that it's been pulled, for now...

Update: The file turns out to be corrupt and has been pulled until a valid copy is available.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
I am just going to chime in and say there is something very wrong with cutscenes when they become why you're playing the game. I understand they are a convient and easy way to show whats happening, especially in FPS games when the direction of the player's attention is not assurred. However, they should be quick, to the point-- just show you whats happening and let you get back to the game. I think Bloodlines does a pretty good job of this, even if they don't do a good job with all the cutscenes themselves. A better example might be Cleve Barker's Undying. Though I think its still best if you don't have any cutscenes at all, a la Half Life or System Shock 2, and find other more creative, ingame ways to tell you what's happening.

I'm not saying cutscenes are bad, but when your games total cutscene length is longer then the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, its not a good thing.

S4ur0n27

Liturgist
Erhm, what does this patch actually changes in your experience throughout playing the game? Nothing at all.

bryce777

Erudite
JaheiraRocks said:

Whoever is doing this patch is a moron. There are about a dozen questionable things they do in previous versions. None seem to be be critical, but it is a little annoying.

Rat Keeng

Liturgist
Most of the content updates are what you'd expect, tiny little things that amuse you for a couple of seconds. "Oooh, look, an asian nurse model, I wonder if he's in any way connected to anything in the game... No? Oh well, he sure does look funny though!" The worst part is that adding in a model like that requires altering the map files, which is why the patch is so many MBs in the first place, all those little changes that make an even smaller difference in the game.

But since this is the only real effort at modding Bloodlines, it's what you get.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom