Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter Update #25: Backer Site is Now Live

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Bard's Tale; Bard's Tale II: The Destiny Knight; Bard's Tale III: Thief of Fate; Bard's Tale IV; Eric Schwarz; InXile Entertainment; Olde Skuul; Rebecca Heineman

Well, okay, it actually soft launched two days ago, but today a new Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter update officially announces that the game's much-awaited backer portal site is live. Now you can get all those early backer bonuses, loyalty rewards, and cross-promotions. If you happen to get a key for something you already own, do feel free to gift it to your fellow Codexers in our gifting thread. Or in this thread if you want, I guess. Here are the details on how to unlock your rewards:

As we mentioned in our last update, one of our big tasks after the Kickstarter wrapped up was getting a backer site together so you guys could register, provide us with your information and claim some of your bonus rewards and goodies for your generous support during the Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter campaign. Good news: the backer site is ready for you right now!

This new backer web site has more features than what we've ever launched a web site with before. For instance, we have an official news section, interactive media galleries, and a more intuitive pledge and rewards management page where you can see images of all the rewards, right down to their individual parts.

So how do you get your hands on your backer bonus rewards? You will need to create an account on the backer web site, although if you already have a Torment account, you can use that on the Bard's Tale site as well (Ranger Center accounts for Wasteland 2 don't carry over).

When creating your account, please be aware that we link your pledges up based on your email address. For those of you who sign up under one email and used a different email to pledge, or may have changed your email address since pledging, remember that you can visit the Email Addresses page on your account to add any secondary emails. These will get linked to your account along with any rewards and pledges made under them.

If you have any further questions on our backer web site works, you can consult our backer site FAQ and help section.

Once you've signed up, you will be able to claim any available bonus rewards you qualify for (including the first 48 hour games and the inXile Loyalty Rewards bonus) by clicking the "Bonus" tab near the top of the Rewards page.

For more information on the bonus rewards and promotions available, and how to claim them, please refer to this page.

Please note that while Wasteland 2, The Witcher and The Witcher 2 bonuses are available for applicable backers, unreleased games such as Torment: Tides of Numenera and the emulated and remastered version of The Bard's Tale Classic Trilogy are not ready yet. But, once they are, you won't have to wait until the release of The Bard's Tale IV to get them.

More generally, you can check our Reward Status page for a look at when many of our rewards will be made available to you; this will be kept up to date as we have more information to share.​

Also included in the update is a progress report on the remastered Bard's Tale trilogy by Rebecca Heineman's Olde Skuul. She's been posting screenshots of it on her Twitter feed over the past few weeks. Your mileage may vary.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Infinitron Give me the Cliff's Notes version here: Is this shaping up to be a Bard's Tale game or is it still Medieval X-Com?

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
So which bonus goodie should i take (is worth it) as a "returning backer"?

Also Wasteland, TW1 or TW2 (already own them) ?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
So which bonus goodie should i take (is worth it) as a "returning backer"?
I took comics by Chris Avellone for Torment 2. Wanna take some novels by some no name fanfic writers? No, why would you. Take the comics.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I've read Adam Heine's something-Gold novella and it was meh. Sort of a colorful illustration of their alignment system, but literary-wise it was 5/10. Why would anyone want to read it unless they're a ginormous fan of a game that isn't even out yet - I've no idea.

Are others better?

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I tried to watch some of the videos, but then the fake celtic music started and I blacked out and now I'm covered in blood, oh shit oh shit oh shit, help bros what should I do man oh god this is too heavy for me man..

nevermind, just ketchup, not blood. Whew.

What did I miss? Were the videos any good?

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Damn, I had forgotten I pledged that much lol

aegk7o0.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom