Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Matt Chat 322: Interview with Styg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Matt Barton; Stygian Software; Underrail

In the latest episode of his show, Matt Barton interviews Underrail creator Dejan Radisic, better known as Styg.

It's a pretty short episode, and Matt spends much of it gawkingly inquiring about Styg's Serbian origins. In the last five minutes, Styg does get the opportunity to talk a bit about his game's combat design and how it differs from Fallout. Hopefully the interview's subsequent episodes will continue in that direction.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Nice of him to interview Styg, too bad this episode doesn't really have much substance.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Good stuff. Styg's really humble.
I absolutely agreed with him about Fallout's combat.

Looking forward to the other interviews with him.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Wow. Styg is 20 years old. He looks 40 though. It's like he had to sacrifice a part of himself to craft this majestic artifact.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Yeah, Matt wasted half the episode talking about Serbia. Not many questions about the game itself.

FFS, google "Serbia" next time, Matt.

EDIT: posted that on YT too. Hopefully next episode has less inanity.

Last edited:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Near the end of the episode Matt says there will be 1 to 2 more episodes with Styg
yay!

Which is why I emphasized the importance of asking relevant questions. If he wastes these episodes asking MORE inane questions about Serbia the whole thing will be a huge waste of our time (and Styg's).

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
If he wastes these episodes asking MORE inane questions about Serbia the whole thing will be a huge waste of our time (and Styg's).

He gets paid per video on Patreon. I just went to check how much he makes and last time it was $550 or something per video. Now it's dropped to $393. I guess somebody realized Matt abused the system a little with his bullshit questions. It's not the first time he does this.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, Matt wasted half the episode talking about Serbia. Not many questions about the game itself.

FFS, google "Serbia" next time, Matt.

EDIT: posted that on YT too. Hopefully next episode has less inanity.

:lol:

Kinda serves people right for watching videos where people talk about games instead of just playing the fucking game.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Good to see some coverage on this awesome game :thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom