Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Paradox and Obsidian to announce something evil on March 15th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Paradox Interactive

Paradox posted to a link to a rather sinister personality quiz on their Twitter account yesterday, located on a website with the subdomain "Human Resources". What remarkably few people on the Internet seem to have picked up on is that answering all four questions reveals this announcement:

That's the date and time of Paradox's recently announced GDC 2016 press conference stream. Looks like we may soon find out what Obsidian's next game is going to be. Which of their currently ongoing projects is it going to be - Project Vermont, Project Louisiana, or something else entirely? One thing's for sure, it doesn't sound like a Pillars of Eternity 2.

Cazzeris

It all sounds thematically adequate for an evil-flavoured grand strategy game a la Dungeon Keeper..., perhaps featuring role-playing options, V:TM setting and Obsidian's writing?

Maybe it'll be a good version of this.

www_gamesena_com.jpg

Plane Escapee

Your friend
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I Expected the questionnaire to be sprinkled with subtle (and not so subtle) hints pointing very specifically in the direction of a Vampire: The Masquerade game. I found this not.

Are there any other licenses Paradox has picked up over the years that may have gone unnoticed by FrontPage Codex™ and mainstream game news sites?

Shevek

Arcane
It might be cool if they do a party based rpg with a a plot hook similar to Necessary Evil or Accursed.
In those the players basically make characters from villainous tropes that are thrust into the role of heroes.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh, it's going to be during Paradox's GDC conference : https://www.paradoxplaza.com/news/GDC-2016/

Mar. 8, 2016 - STOCKHOLM - This year, Paradox Interactive will be out in force at the 2016 Game Developer’s Conference in San Francisco. On Tuesday, March 15, 2016, Paradox will host a press conference in San Francisco to highlight a number of forthcoming projects for the year, and share their latest news with fans and media. Those not attending GDC can watch the presentation in a live stream on Twitch, beginning March 15 at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time onhttp://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive.

In addition, some of the guiding personalities in the development of the studio will be presenting their thoughts and expertise during GDC, and we encourage you to learn some of the secrets behind one of Europe’s most successful developers and publishers.

Johan Andersson (EVP Creative Director): Andersson has led the design vision at Paradox Development Studio for over 15 years, leading the development of the early Europa Universalis titles and directing design of most of Paradox’s games since.

At GDC, Andersson will share his thoughts on how good community management is a development asset – not just good PR. This session will be presented on Wednesday, March 16 at 3:30 p.m.http://schedule.gdconf.com/session/blurring-the-line-between-community-studio

Chris King (Senior Game Designer): King is a veteran designer whose dedication to the intricacies of the historic modeling that Paradox prizes can be seen in his design of Victoria II and Hearts of Iron III – one a beloved curiosity and the other one of Paradox’s best-selling games.

At GDC, King will talk about the challenges that come with designing historical-themed games. This session will be presented on Thursday, March 17 at 5:30 p.m. http://schedule.gdconf.com/session/history-and-game-design

Fredrik Wester (CEO): Throughout his years as CEO, Wester has earned a reputation for his outspokenness and willingness to challenge conventional wisdom in the games industry. In the process, he has helped turn a small studio of a couple of dozen people into a development and publishing power that employs hundreds.

At GDC, Wester will participate in the always-popular GDC Pitch sessions, where independent designers have a chance to pitch their game to a panel of experienced industry professionals. http://www.gdconf.com/events/gdcpitch.html?_mc=BP_LE_CON

Wester will also be giving a lecture on Paradox’s publishing success entitled “The successful Paradox of Combining Business Strategy with Nonconforming Game Development,” where the strategies that have helped Paradox grow and succeed will be shared. This session will be presented on Friday, March 18 at 3:00 p.m.http://schedule.gdconf.com/session/...-strategy-with-nonconforming-game-development

Paradox will also be offering demo sessions for a handful of its in-development titles, including Hearts of Iron IV, Stellaris, and a game to be revealed soon. To inquire about demo appointments, please contact pr@paradoxplaza.com.

I guess the Obsidian part is a surprise.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Well obviously it's not. If they registered it just now, they're only considering a VTMB game at this point, WHICH IS EXCITING. The announcement is about something that's been in production for at least a year, but that's going to be some boring shit by obsidian.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Will we finally get that game when you can be properly evil and not just a selfish dick?

PYm0Vlt.png

They have the Codexer option.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Doubt it will be very exciting, probably another card game or something like that. Or maybe Paradox bought Obsidian, lol.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
It's a good partnership, Obsidian can't really survive in the AAA space and Paradox is a publisher with a lot of money and a tendency to stay within the niche areas. (While still somehow making a lot of money.)

Sannom

Augur
Nah, we're probably getting that RPG set after the Dark Lord has won and conquered everything that Obsidian has been trying to do since their early plans for KOTOR 3.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Paradox Interactive

Paradox posted to a link to a rather sinister personality quiz

Final Score: PSYCHOTIC

Your capacity for evil appears to have squeezed out your capacity for anything else, including empathy and reason. It’s not just that you have evil thoughts; you appear incredibly eager to leap from “mildly annoyed” to “actively murdering anything in sight.” That’s… fine! We’re okay with that.

I inherited it from granny.

Darkzone

Arcane
I guess it will be Armored Warfare the RPG. Or Hearts of Iron RPG. Or Evil Genius RPG.

Final Score: DANGEROUS
Your brand of evil is bold and invigorating, like a fresh cup of coffee that someone may or may not have spat in. You’re dangerous, and you like to let that out once in awhile -- it’ll keep the rest of these peons in line.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom