Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Expeditions: Viking Gameplay Demonstration at xBeau Gaming

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Alex Mintsioulis; Expeditions: Viking; Jonas Wæver; Logic Artists

As you may know from their recent newsletter, the Logic Artists crew were at GDC this week to promote Expeditions: Viking. While in San Francisco, they met up with a YouTuber who calls himself xBeau and gave him a half hour gameplay demonstration, including character creation, dialogue, combat and choice & consequence. The game is definitely a fully fledged RPG now. Check it out:

The game is looking really good. They're planning to do an open beta in May - definitely something to look forward to later this year. For more information, or if you can't be bothered to watch a video, you may also want to check out this preview over at Game Informer.

Mark Richard

Arcane
So they confirm they’re hoping this will become a franchise? I wonder what the next setting will be, medieval Japan perhaps!

Looking good so far, definitely my cup of tea. Caught a glimpse at that pretty world map at the end there. It’s evolved quite a bit from the Gamescom presentation last year.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Liking music, combat, authenticity an fairly much everythin. Refreshin to see devs who know their stuff. Wondered durin Holmgang whether you could intimidate opponent before match, chewin shield, bangin sword on rim, starin him down, spoutin a few clever kennings or somethin. Wonder whats gonna go on loadin screens, perhaps quote some o sayings o High One ocassionally. Hope you can walk in released game though.

Stoked for this.

himmy

Arcane
Four minutes in devs seem like chill bros who know what they're doing, YouTuber seems particularly punchable even for a wuvy-dovey hippie like me. God, he's annoying.

himmy

Arcane
latest

Basically, xBeau.

Neanderthal

Arcane
You know someat i've always wondered about, might legends o Trolls in Norse mythology be last few Neanderthals retreatin before occupation o Europe by Sapiens? Bit off topic though innit.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
It's not going to be on tablets this time is it? I felt that last time that restricted the engine somewhat.

Starwars

Arcane
ASS LIFE, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

Game looking good, will definitely pick this one up.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The first game had a really nice and unique setting for an RPG. Viking era isn't that interesting since every RPG ever has to have some kind of vikings in them, but yeah, looks good. Gonna miss muskets :)

Would it be too much trouble to provide an orthogonal (parallel) rendering option? I didn't feel this in Conquistador battles (though world navigating suffered quite a lot from it) but here in this video, it looks like camera management will be an issue. With an orthogonal rendering option, this could be kept to a minimum ie. equal level of interactivity and visibility across the entire screen instead of perspective-related obstructions.

Also, the guy conducting the interview... lel.

By the way, the game looks miles above Conquistador. Really nice!

Last edited:

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
This one is looking really sweet in every way but most of all I dig the historical setting. Hope this is successful so we might get a Expeditions: The Holy Land and Expeditions: Anabasis at one point.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You know someat i've always wondered about, might legends o Trolls in Norse mythology be last few Neanderthals retreatin before occupation o Europe by Sapiens? Bit off topic though innit.

buy a keyboard without broken keys or stfu

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This one is looking really sweet in every way but most of all I dig the historical setting. Hope this is successful so we might get a Expeditions: The Holy Land and Expeditions: Anabasis at one point.

Not interested in this one or the previous one but I would buy one in a crusader setting if it allows me to genocide all the infidels.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Four minutes in devs seem like chill bros who know what they're doing, YouTuber seems particularly punchable even for a wuvy-dovey hippie like me. God, he's annoying.
Yea I was irritated by the youtuber as well. I only half concentrated on the video as a result. I hope to watch some gameplay again when they are showing it to someone will more brains.

Saber-Scorpion

Learned
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Looks great. I still need to finish Conquistador, but Vikings are more my thing anyway.

You might find this to be interesting reading:
gO6s49X.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom