Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Feargus video interview at IGN

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Feargus Urquhart; Obsidian Entertainment

Looks like video interviews are quickly becoming the latest trend, so here is one, starring <a href=http://media.pc.ign.com/articles/691/691086/vids_1.html>Feargus, the beloved son of Black Isle</a>, who talks about the awesomeness of being a game designer and making Bio sequels. Or something like that.
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>Kthan</b>

Oarfish

Prophet
Oh god, he mentioned convergence of MMO and single player RPGs. We all know the best way to make original games is to combine two or more existing genres. The only worthwhile features I can see from MMO's (real politics, economics, calling people 'fag' having conseqeunces) are exactly the ones SP RPG developers have been shying away from.

I certainly don't want to be rotting bloody flax in a world populated with badly scripted AIs.

Jora

Arcane
Feargus confirmed that the two unannounced projects are pure console games. He also said that Obsidian doesn't want to abandon PC games.

DamnElfGirl

Liturgist
Ugh. Could these devs go back to being idiots in text, please? If I wanted to watch socially awkward guys with bad hair drone on about video games, I'd go down to my local high school and visit the D&D club.

Drakron

Arcane
Jora said:
Feargus confirmed that the two unannounced projects are pure console games. He also said that Obsidian doesn't want to abandon PC games.

HItler wanted peace too.

Seven

Erudite
Am I the only one who didn't mind the interview--also is it just me, or is Feargus a lot more conscious of what he's saying (relatively speaking of course). The man promised us--right here in this forum--lots of stupid quotable quotes. I feel cheated.

LlamaGod

Cipher
a slam dunk

this is the interview fallout fans have been waiting for

kris

Arcane
Claw said:
We always try to be doing a couple of next-gen titles, whether it's the xbox720 or the PS9 or whatever it might be, and a pc title as well.
There's only one thing to say to this. Fuck you, Feargus.

He already explicitely told us this on this very forum. While I would want another shift in their focus, that is not likely to happen. I'd be happy though if their proposed PC-titles doesn't play like those console games.

Jora

Arcane
Claw said:
We always try to be doing a couple of next-gen titles, whether it's the xbox720 or the PS9 or whatever it might be, and a pc title as well.
There's only one thing to say to this. Fuck you, Feargus.
Troika already died because they couldn't get a publisher for their promising post-apocalyptic super RPG even after they were ready to make the combat real-time. I wouldn't want the same to happen to Obsidian. Especially because they don't seem to be trying to make SLAM DUNKS but games they are enthusiastic about.

Zomg

Arbiter
MMORPG and SP convergence? I'm vaguely favorable towards Obsidian, so I don't think I'll sour that by listening to this. :P

Twinfalls

Erudite
What the fuck can that mean, other than 'making what could have been an SP into an MMORPG' ?

RGE

Liturgist
Both NWN and Diablo merged SP with MMORPG. I guess that's what it means.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom