Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Roots got cancelled

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Roots, The; Tannhauser Gate

<a href=http://www.rpgdot.com>RPG Dot</a> reports that <a href=http://www.thgate.com/>The Roots</a>, the exciting game featuring turn-based realtime combat, that was supposed to be "a breath of fresh air to turn based RPGs", breath-taking special effects during combat, and challenging mini-games like Ballooncraft Race, has been cancelled.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Cenega Publishing announced today the termination of cooperation with Tannhauser Gate, the developer of The Roots game. This decision has been made on the basis of serious problems that occurred during the development of the game and the project has been cancelled.
<br>
<br>
We would like to apologize to all the fans of The Roots, who have been patiently, yet eagerly waiting for the release of the game and we hope that the release schedule of Cenega Publishing will provide other interesting game titles for them.</blockquote>Rest in peace.
<br>

Section8

Cipher
Wow, I wonder how far along it was? The official site has an E3 2004 demo movie, so they must have been at it for a good few years. Serious problems, indeed.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
That sucks as it was games i was keeping tabs on. Oh well, looks like we're going to have zero RPGs in 07.

crufty

Arcane
Wonder what the deal was. The press release says that "Cenega Publishing announced today the termination of cooperation with Tannhauser Gate." Doesn't say the project wasn't ready to go forward, or there were development issues. Just that there were problems with the dev team.

Hello blacklist...

Abernathy

Scholar
Cenega publishes the 'new' UFO series too. I suspect they're one of the more dubious publishers out there, if they're not all dubious...[/i]

Jack_Deth

She/Her
Patron
Insert Title Here
I think everyone knew a game about slavery in pre-Civil War America wasn't going to work.

DemonKing

Arcane
The title was stupid too - especially if you're from Australia (getting "a root" is slang for bonking/fornication here).

Dhruin

Liturgist
Terrible game name (although it makes some sense when you hear the reason) but I always had a soft spot for them because of their company name (the Tannhauser Gate was from Roy's speech in Bladerunner).

I sent them an email but no reply.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom