Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Battle Brothers - Warriors of the North DLC Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Battle Brothers; Battle Brothers - Warriors of the North; Overhype Studios

The Warriors of the North DLC for Battle Brothers is out today, a bit over three months after it was announced. This was supposed to be a smaller thing than the previous Beasts & Exploration DLC, but Overhype couldn't help themselves and ended up packing it with more stuff than they originally intended. That includes the company origins feature, a new northern barbarian enemy faction, an appropriately themed new set of weapons and equipment, a mythical new boss monster to hunt down, and more. They even put together a trailer for the DLC this time. I'll post that here along with its store page description:

The 'Warriors of the North' DLC for Battle Brothers expands the game with a more distinct northern region, as well as different starting scenarios to pick for your mercenary company. Face an entirely new faction of barbarians in battle, wear new viking and rus themed gear, and follow the legend of the ‘Ijirok’, a mythical creature of the frozen north!

Features
  • Origins - Pick one of ten different origins and play as northern barbarians, peasant militia, or a flock of cultists. Each origin has special rules that shape your campaign into a different experience from beginning to end.
  • New Opponents - Face an entirely new faction of northern barbarians, complete with their own gear and unique mechanics.
  • Legendary Locations - Visit two new legendary locations and fight two new bosses in a quest that leads to a legendary reward.
  • Champions - Hunt down enemy champions and face them in battle to claim famed items for yourself.
  • New Banners and Gear - Dress in style with a collection of new viking and rus inspired banners, shields, helmets and armors. Use new weapons and let loose the new nordic warhound!
  • New Contracts and Events - Earn your stay in the north by taking on new contracts. Immerse yourself in leading a mercenary company with even more illustrated events.
  • New Music - Two new music tracks accompany you on your adventures.
  • New Achievements - Challenge yourself with new achievements.

Warriors of the North is available now at Steam and GOG for $9. You can learn more about the DLC's new features from Overhype's weekly development updates, helpfully linked here. The changelog for the accompanying version 1.3 update for the base game is available here.

Last edited by a moderator:

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Have they added legs yet?
"Overhype Studios, again, releases DLC with no legs to stand on."

But honestly, I'm staying positively surprised. I got into Battle Brothers on my second try,
bouncing off it the first time. But have been staying with it ever since. I might have needed
some time to switch my internal systems from Age of Decadence before. The DLCs have
also been as solid as the main game. Though I don't want to compare both, I have
addiction levels with Battle Brothers, I had with Jagged Alliance 2 before. Okay, let's
say levels of enjoyment. Nothing will be replayed as often (by me) as JA2 and Fallout 1/2.

I can only imagine how many DLCs Paradox would have made out of this...

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I remember the days when devs said they will not make new content for this game and they want to channel their efforts to new projects.
What happened?

GloomFrost

Arcane
I remember the days when devs said they will not make new content for this game and they want to channel their efforts to new projects.
What happened?
As far as I know they wanted to make something new after Beasts and Exploration DLC release but it sold a lot better then they expected.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom