Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review New Zealand loves Oblivion

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

<a href=http://www.varsity.co.nz>Varsity</a>, a New Zealand site, has posted an overly enthusiastic drug-induced <a href=http://www.varsity.co.nz/games/articles.asp?id=5502>Oblivion review</a>.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>The best thing is the scope of what you can do and what kind of character you can be. There are three main streams of guild you can join. Fighter/Mage/Thief. There are many factions and groups that you could join which can advance your character in any number of dimensions. The best thing is that YOU choose. Do I want to be good, evil, or indifferent? Help the poor? Kill the poor? Steal from the poor? Be the poor? The variations are endless. Personally, I have played with a Nord Warrior and a Breton Mage. Both very different, but I could have always gone the way of a battlemage to get the best of both worlds. This gives the game unparallelled longevity for a story-only game as opposed to other Xbox Live enabled titles. <b>Everything you do, even the main story, will change depending on your character – i.e. HOW you do it.</b> You could easily have this game in your collection for years and never play all the character possibilities.
<br>
<br>
Even with this taken into consideration, I have to give the game a kick arse rating. It’s basically a game I can keep going back to as long as I have this console. There will be many characters I would like to test out after this one (Thieves etc) and I expect there is no way that my current character will manage to do all the side plots as well.
<br>
<br>
RPG people, this is a must buy. Everyone else, check it out. It’s well worth it.</blockquote><a href=http://teens.drugabuse.gov/mom/mom_hal1.asp>Click here</a>, if you want to have a similar experience, while playing Oblivion.
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

Micmu

Magister
Is he for real? :shock:
That's comedy gold.
...as long as I have this console...
Indeed.
BTW: Patrick Stewart and Sean Bean lend their voices to the game, even that old Wonder woman chick. Who would have thought games would get to the point that celebrities would be the voices, instead of the nobodies of yesteryear.
Is he eleven?

Twinfalls

Erudite
Shagnak should stop molesting sheep in his native land and start abducting children with internet access instead

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Is anyone surprised? New Zealand children are amongst the easiest to trick into having sex. The use of candy and a car work almost every time for me.

Top Hat

Scholar
Tips Top Hat
Greetings all. Excuse me for the intrusion.

I certainly hope this informs you enough about the (very) average New Zealander and that you stay away from this country.

Stay Away!

This country is analogous to both a bimbo and a rebellious teenager. It's easy on the eye, but the vast majority of the population has the same level of intelligence as a common garden discarded toilet seat. It acts as if its opinions actually affected the world, but nobody ever listens to it.

That's what you get when you have the national past-time involve trying to brain yourself against other human beings. Alongside the aforementioned child abuse and bestiality.

Exit.

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The only things I have ever heard about New Zealand are that it is green and that it is full of sheep. I can kinda understand that if all you do every day is watching sheep consuming and digesting tons of grass .. Oblivion seems.. almost interesting.. almost.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Hey, it's a NZ university-student website. Well done.

Aren't you trawling just a little too hard now...?
(Probably right about the "drug-induced" part, if my varsity days are anything to go by)

EDIT:
Hey let's talk more about boring NZ
Hey there StudentCard peeps

Hope your year is treatin' ya well so far!

As usual we have heaps to cover so we'll get straight into it... if you're in Auckland or Hamilton at the mo there are a couple of new deals for ya to check out, if you're anywhere else you'll probly want to skip down to the "What's wrong with New Plymouth" section and comp below.
Hmmm...what is wrong with New PLymouth?
Hamilton is way more boring, as Stalin can confirm.
Where is that fucking Stalin Brando?

Shagnak

Shagadelic
micmu said:
BTW: Patrick Stewart and Sean Bean lend their voices to the game, even that old Wonder woman chick. Who would have thought games would get to the point that celebrities would be the voices, instead of the nobodies of yesteryear.
Is he eleven?
Nope, he's a student. Which means the body of a young adult, mind of an eleven year old.

The shit on that site is full of off-hand comments and dumbisms.

Abernathy

Scholar
Hey, NZ is a young country, OK? We haven't evolved braincells yet - the best we've done is Shagnak and a lot of sheep so far.

Just don't expect too much, as they say on the Oblibbion Forums. Where the fuck did Stalin go anyway?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
50.gif
mancy

oscar

Arcane
I have fond memories of one of my friends going "Hey you like these rpg games want to play some Oblivion?". Que rage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom