Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Revolution: The Spark is an upcoming steampunk RPG set in an empire on the brink of revolution

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: MOR/ANN Games; Revolution: The Spark

Last month we spotted an upcoming game on Steam called Revolution: The Spark. It's an isometric RPG with turn-based combat, set in an alternate steampunk world in the capital of an empire on the brink of revolution. The developers are a team from Azerbaijan by the name of MOR/ANN Games, who also created a webcomic about the game world last year. They released an announcement trailer yesterday:

Fight back in Revolution: The Spark, a story-driven, turn-based tactical RPG. With dwindling resources and enemies at every turn, what will you do to survive this revolution?

The Story

The story is set in an alternate steampunk world in the early 20th century in the Capital of the strongest Empire in the world that is on the brink of revolution. The game tells a story of a military veteran, Alex who becomes increasingly frustrated with the growing corruption of the monarchy, and the exploitation of the common folk. When Alex's direct family gets involved, and his brother gets arrested for an attempted coup, Alex will have no choice but to take on a more hands-on approach. It appears that a concentration of power lies in the hands of a powerful few. But there is more to this than meets the eye. These few are being manipulated by supernatural beings that feed off of the fervor, lust, and wrath of humankind. A spark of revolution will change it all.

CORE FEATURES

• Strategic Turn-based Combat – People are your greatest assets, so take care of them. Those who fall in combat will need time to recover.
    Recruit up to 25 Allies across 7 distinct Classes – You’ll need all the help on your journey to unseat the Empress. Beware, some of your companions might not like others.
  • Explore 9 Dynamic Locations – From the mines to the noble villas, you must fight your way to the steps of the Empress’ palace itself across 9 exciting, beautiful, hand-drawn isometric locations.
  • Forge Your Own Path – Your actions shape the future of a corrupt Empire. Choose how you want to solve conflict. Will you conquer all or reason with your foes? Every decision you make in travel, conversation and combat has a meaningful effect on the outcome as your story unfolds.
  • Discover secrets, and Unlock 5 Different Endings. – Explore and talk to everyone. You never know what you might find. There are many routes, and options that will help you to get to the end of the story.
  • Steampunk Victorian Culture – Master the weapons of the early 20th century in this alternate reality where things aren’t what they seem.
  • Decide what you fight for – Peace? A new world order? Or do you just want power for yourself? Everything is possible in Revolution: The Spark.

MOR/ANN intend to release Revolution: The Spark on Steam Early Access later this quarter, around August or September, so I guess we'll soon find out how good it is. The game doesn't appear to have a proper website, but you can follow its Facebook page for additional updates.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Thats one hell of an ugly artstyle and I dont like the numbers they balanced it around (100 hp default human hp)

Still turn based isometric party rpg is enough for me to at least buy it as a sample, and their setting sounds neat. Also there seems to be some rudimentary C&C in there.
So good job bringing it to my attention Infi.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Hope it will be good mechanically but cel shading = :killit:

Also why does everyone have to copy DE dialogue interface, come on be original

a100167

Literate
Neato! I can't wait to roll a bolshevik named Schlomo Yidslav and take over the Empire's International financial systems! We'll create a new system that world has never seen before and it'll all be about sharing! Or at least that's what I'll tell the little people anyway.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Looks somewhat interesting, well actually it *sounds* interesting it really does not look good. And i like Cell-shading.

It somewhat depends on how they will actually implement the different approaches of influencing the "revolution", tbh. I can not imagine it being extensive enough to be interesting but i'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Everybody seems to assume this is based on Russia 1917, but I think it's more like a mix of Russia and Great Britain. The "strongest Empire in the world" ruled by an Empress (they even use the term "Victorian"), a country that apparently has law enforcement officers called sheriffs.

I actually like the artstyle, but there is no way allies are getting good writing if there is so many of them. Magic is kinda unnecessary in the story and setting as well.
I will play this, but ain't expecting much from it.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Everybody seems to assume this is based on Russia 1917, but I think it's more like a mix of Russia and Great Britain. The "strongest Empire in the world" ruled by an Empress (they even use the term "Victorian"), a country that apparently has law enforcement officers called sheriffs.
Probably because of the uniforms.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Idk, it just isnt captivating me visually or in any other way. Are there any unique systems?

9 locations sounds paper thin, I hope they dont mean 9 outdoor maps. 25 allies should be elaborated.

Perhaps they can make it a little more steampunkish? I mean it looks like a western setting with too many bright colors

deuxhero

Arcane
Thats one hell of an ugly artstyle and I dont like the numbers they balanced it around (100 hp default human hp)

JA2 made ~80 the standard health for normal people. Bannerlord made 100+ the health range for troops. ~100 HP for a computer game seems fine, especially if the system makes progression go more towards taking less damage and being harder to hit than being a bigger sack of meat. On the playability side, an average of 100 without going much further than that is fantastic because it plays nicely with percentages.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
MOR/ANN, ZA/UM... is this manner of naming studios a soviet thing?

Will they thank Marx aswell if they win something in TGA?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
The developers are a team from Azerbaijan by the name of MOR/ANN Games

If this didn't have a trailer, I'd think it is a belated April Fools joke: Instead of the ZA/UM communists, we get the MOR/AN communists from Azerbaijan of all places.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Exactly Geralt is the only good one so far

Sinatar

Arbiter
Do you really want your game development studio name to sound like "moron"?

Zariusz

Arbiter
Dear God why cant i have good rpg about protecting fatherland from bloodthirsty revolutionist scum, there is always only this corrupted nobility nonsense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom