Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Two Worlds update

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Two Worlds

More <a href=http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=11484>Two Worlds</a> stuff. The <a href=http://www.2-worlds.com/>website</a> has been updated, so now you can win prizes, learn about the innovative magic system, ripped from the "most popular collectible card games", see those european knights in heavy armor practicing their kung-fu, and read all kinda hype. Looks like Bethesda has finally met its match.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Additionally, the free download contains highlights and themes of the upcoming blockbuster RPG “Two Worlds”. Harold Faltermeyer, the academy award winning composer of the “Two Worlds” soundtrack, shows off his musical prowess with an original track for the “Two Worlds” table.
<br>
<br>
The developers have published the first cards out of the “Two Worlds” magic system. Just click the window on the left and you will see six spell cards. To make the magic system in Two Worlds more intuitive and flexible, it has been designed to resemble the system used in today’s most popular collectible card games.
<br>
<br>
The free pinball game is only one table from the upcoming blockbuster PC title “Dream Pinball 3D” - coming out later this summer.
<br>
<br>
Academy Award winner, Harold Faltermeyer, who is composing the soundtrack for the role playing game, will give everyone a first glimpse of his brilliant masterpiece at the opening concert of the Games Convention on 23rd August.
<br>
<br>
<u>In an incredible look into the future of RPG gaming - “Two Worlds” throws away long load times and compartmentalized gaming design and lets you turn your environment inside out. Walk into a room and leave the door wide open ...</u></blockquote>I discovered the new meaning of "shameless" today.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPG Dot</A>

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I wish I were a Harold Faltermeyer
That is what I really want to be-e-e.
'Cause if I were a Harold Faltermeyer.
Everyone would be in love with me.

psycojester

Arbiter
I'd be eternally greatful to anybody who could turn that kung-fu knight into an avatar.

elander_

Arbiter
Those graphics are so gay.

"Now separated from his sister, the young hero will begin his own crusade to take revenge on those who set the deadly trap that killed his fellow mercenaries. He enters onto a path of war against a mysterious power that, in the end, he must understand if he wants to survive. And, more importantly, he must learn the answers to all the burning questions that now lay in front of him."

We MUST revenge our sister and save the world. We won't be good boys/girls if we don't.

Who would think of such a plot to save the world and your sister at the same time? And they already made the moral choices for us to take that brain thinking stuff and roleplaying out of our way. Iiiiiiiiiiii Two Wolrd s rox!!ors.

"Will he learn the nature of a shadowy figure that almost killed him in the town?
Will he learn what happened to his friends?
Will he ever meet his sister again?"

Fuck you!

"Finally, what will he do with the power to choose only one from the Two Worlds?"

Screw it in your butt?? bua bua bua

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Yeah looks like generic jRPG/anime plot.... :) Shame it's comes from my fellow "polishmen".
Kung-fu knight is SOOOOOO NEXT-GEN!!1[/b]

Uz0rnaem

Scholar
They actually trademarked "Moveshot" to describe something that's essentially an animated GIF converted to WMV. I guess "Movie Clip" just wasn't enough to fully capture the sheer awesomeness of the whole thing.

And "ZUXXEZ Entertainment"? Jeez, those pretentious assclowns almost make me feel ashamed to be german :(

Frau Bishop

Erudite
"A moveshot involves a large number of screenshots in quick succession. 50 to 500 pictures are taken “live” out of the game and combined into a short movie with 25 pictures per second."

It's live, dude!!

- ZUXXEZ Entertainment
- Uz0rnaem

:)

sheek

Arbiter
2worlds forum said:
Props to the devs for their ambition, and while I am generally not interested in games that rely more on stats than manual dexterity, I think this game has alot of potential.

Will I like this game if I liked Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Morrowind? This game looks alot like it but with more choices and a more likeable art direction. It looks like it might even blow it away hearing how it's combat system is looking much better then that of Oblivion.

Corwin from RPGDot said:
'm impressed with what I've seen and read and will be keeping an eye on the development of this game.

I am partial to RTS games but a good 1st personish RPG fantasy will hold my intrest for a while.

Fable and Fable The Lost Chapters were a load of fun.

Then there's a guy with a Fallout avatar.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Vault Dweller said:
In an incredible look into the future of RPG gaming - “Two Worlds” throws away long load times and compartmentalized gaming design and lets you turn your environment inside out. Walk into a room and leave the door wide open ...

I discovered the new meaning of "shameless" today.
That's not shameless so much as it is proving that developers see things rather differently from the average player.

I can still remember watching the "making of" video for Half-Life and seeing them explain the bones system and how the AI was so advanced that whenever you entered a room, you'd never see the same thing twice. They then proceeded to demonstrate this by showing one of those head crab things in a room attacking a guy, then reloading the game and watching the headcrab still attack the guy BUT IN A TOTALLY NEW AND UNIQUE WAY. Which is to say, the headcrab lost the battle the second time 'round. I can remember thinking "That's not anything special..."

As for being an incredible look into the future though, people seem to be forgetting that Doom, hell even Wolfenstein, let you open doors and walk through them. It's shocking, I know. I think they're having a swipe at Bethesda though. Bethesda should totally sue.

In other news, I'm also thoroughly disappointed that VD didn't mention the "Innovations" section of the website with such gems as:

Characters advance quickly to reward players for their efforts. The whole process is also, always, reversible. There are characters, called "career changers" who are able to undo previous character development decisions and free certain amount of skill points to redistribute them again. The service is costly but ensures that nothing hinders the player's creativity.

The real time half-automatic combat in Two Worlds is very dynamic.

Secondly it is very important that players are not limited to working for only one faction at on time. They are free to experiment with different organizations and benefit from all of them. It is a part of fun to meet the seemingly mutually excluding requirements of different organizations in a way that they all will be happy and willing to reward you.
Are we sure this isn't just Oblivion with different packaging?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
"Half-automatic combat" ??
From all that stuff about seamless worlds and automatic combat, I'm pretty sure this game has more in common with Dungeon Siege than Oblivion. Oblivion certainly wasn't
seamless.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Advanced Power Armor. It does look cool though (the APA, not 2Worlds).

I don't see the issue with "half-automatic" combat, it just means automatic blocking, which is hardly unusual.
I think people on the Codex argued with MSFD about such a feature, which iirc he claimed was too hard - if not impossible - to implement well.

Lumpy

Arcane
On the issue of seamless worlds, I prefer more complex interiors, even if they are separated from the exterior. I don't see the big problem with waiting a couple of seconds to enter a room.
Or, wait, does it ruin IMMERSHUN?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
For example, it usually means that NPCs can't enter houses without mystically fading out and in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom