Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Marvel's Midnight Suns releasing on October 7th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Firaxis Games; Jake Solomon; Marvel's Midnight Suns

Marvel's Midnight Suns, the Marvel universe card-based tactical RPG from Firaxis announced last year, was originally supposed to have been out this March. After seeing the initial reactions from the community, Firaxis announced their decision to postpone the game's release back in November. Could that mean they were going to drop the card-based combat? Yesterday during the Summer Game Fest opening event, amongst countless sci-fi horror game trailers, there was also a new cinematic trailer for Midnight Suns announcing a release date of October 7th.

There's no gameplay here, but there are plenty of details about it in the new batch of hands-on previews that were published across the web alongside the announcement. Some of the previews claim the game is totally like XCOM and others say it's the anti-XCOM, but all confirm that yes, the cards are still there.

This was the only news announced yesterday that was (barely) relevant to Codex interests. There'll be more stuff happening over the weekend, but I guess the Xbox Showcase on Sunday is going to be the main event for RPGs.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I think they already gave when they released that shitty X-Com mobile game. And Chimera squad before that.
And arguably X-COM 2 with it's dumb action hero super saiyan shit.

X-COM is the new Command and Conquer. Fuck 2K.

:keepmymoney:

Last edited:

ropetight

Savant
Disney is going to push so much uninspired shovelware in the next couple of years that it is best to ignore it.
TV shows, movies, video games... all bland and complete waste of time.

Add Master of Puppets in soundtrack for complete insult.

Last edited:

Nazrim Eldrak

Scholar
Please don't open the spoiler if you have sensitive nerves and hope this will be a good game.
Once opened, you won't unsee it.
This is what I see.
jD5EpsW.png

pTbNITK.png

Kfm1EuW.png

:deathclaw:

deuxhero

Arcane
The gameplay looked terrible, and that's coming from someone who loves non-roguelite single player card games games.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Please don't open the spoiler if you have sensitive nerves and hope this will be a good game.
Once opened, you won't unsee it.
This is what I see.
jD5EpsW.png

pTbNITK.png

Kfm1EuW.png

:deathclaw:

:hmmm:

I mean I'm not big on this game either, but what?

That's as far fetched and generic as you can get.

Nazrim Eldrak

Scholar

Well, that seems to be your opinion, and there's not much to say about an opinion, is there?!

But all I can say is that for my part I don't like the parallels I'm seeing with the game compared to Dragon Age.
The obvious looks of the characters (DA1 and DA2) and the obvious concept of a green flame/energy that reminds me of DA 3 (green gates)
and the corrupted marvel "heroes" are too obvious compared to the blight in DA1.

The comparison to Diablo is just a creative way of saying that I believe the main priority of the game is making money.
I don't feel any "passion" in the trailer.

Duraframe300

Arcane

Well, that seems to be your opinion, and there's not much to say about an opinion, is there?!

But all I can say is that for my part I don't like the parallels I'm seeing with the game compared to Dragon Age.
The obvious looks of the characters (DA1 and DA2) and the obvious concept of a green flame/energy that reminds me of DA 3 (green gates)
and the corrupted marvel "heroes" are too obvious compared to the blight in DA1.

The comparison to Diablo is just a creative way of saying that I believe the main priority of the game is making money.
I don't feel any "passion" in the trailer.

I don't see any passion either, but that comparison is still some inane shit. At that point you might as well compare Warcraft.

It's an incredible generic trailer with corrupted heroes. I doubt DA was an influence in any way above anything superficial.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom