Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Feature Trailer, Beta Releasing On June 1st

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Owlcat Games; Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader

As part of Games Workshop's annual Warhammer Skulls event, Owlcat unveiled a new Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader feature trailer today. As some expected after last week's lore update on the official website, the trailer offers us our first look at Ulfar, Rogue Trader's Space Marine companion. There are other things to see here as well, including a glimpse at the game's strategic layer and an overview of various enemy factions, including the forces of Chaos. The trailer concludes with the announcement that the Rogue Trader beta will be starting a week from now, on June 1st.

Unlike the alpha, Rogue Trader's beta build will be available to all who preorder, even at the cheapest $40 tier. Hopefully, that means more gameplay impressions from your fellow Codexers in the near future.

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
i can forgive saturday morning cartoon style 40K, but I can't forgive that narrator
Yes, the narration is pure cringe.

ya it honestly doesn't look anything special. baldurs gate/nu xcom shovelware.
Yes, I just see a Pathfinder reskin except that this time the extra bit is not a stupid kingdom management / army minigame, but a stupid spaceship minigame.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Why do the graphics look like ASS?

Also, speaking of ass, how much gay ass shit have they put into this game?

Seeing as it's Owlcuck, I'll be disappointed if there's not at least one tranny space marine or a gay orc. :M

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
The enemy variety seems pretty impressive and I don't mind the graphics. Graphics and cartoon cinematics are gonna be the least of this game's problems, just like trannies are nowhere near the biggest problem in Wrath.

jac8awol

Arbiter
"Now that my squad of Space Wolf brothers has been slaughtered, I feel like I'm finally free to admit to you that I've never felt comfortable in this body. Please, let me join you and help me become the woman I've always longed to be."

ArchAngel

Arcane
"Now that my squad of Space Wolf brothers has been slaughtered, I feel like I'm finally free to admit to you that I've never felt comfortable in this body. Please, let me join you and help me become the woman I've always longed to be."
No, they tried to kill her once she came out and she defended herself. Now she can finally be a proud woman that will not be put down any man any longer. Except Slanesh but zir is a zir.

Skdursh

Savant
Impulsively bought this because I'm a big fan of the Warhammer aesthetic.

Watch now as I learn to regret my non-refundable purchase and swear to never make the same mistake again (and yet do it again sometime).

ChavaiotH

Novice
looks like

MV5BZjFkYTU2ODctNTQ4MS00YzRjLWE2M2YtM2U0NzUzMmIwMzRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom