Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader 1.2 Update and Void Shadows DLC Companion Introduction

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Owlcat Games; Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader; Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - Void Shadows

https://roguetrader.owlcat.games/news/en/38

Abelard, introduce the second gargantuan update 1.2 to the players!

It is the biggest update of the game so far, containing over 2500 changes, about 30% larger than 1.1. We’ve left out some internal and minor changes and combined some others together to keep the size of these patch notes reasonable.

Here’s a glimpse of what to expect:
  • Major balance updates - deep rebalance of out-of-sequence turns, buffs to Sanctioned Psykers and Pyromancy, tuning of scaling in the late game, and much more;
  • QoL changes to the UI - improved inventory sorting, quests being marked on star systems, massive improvements to level up screen, better tooltips, improvements to the combat log, and more;
  • Various improvements for locations across the game - pathing, visual effects, cover placement, backgrounds, improved NPC appearance and variety;
  • New dialogues for secret companions, fixes and updates for existing dialogues, fixes for epilogue slides;
  • Improved rumour system with rumour zones now highlighted on the map;
  • Updates for some cutscenes - better animations, timing, cameras;
  • Improvements to co-op: desync fixes, custom portrait transfer, save file size reduction, up to two additional custom mercenary characters available in Prologue - play together from the start!
  • Many new animations;
  • New visual effects (for abilities, auras, creature animations, and more);
  • New sound effects and corrections to VO;
  • New item icons;
  • A few new talents;
  • Localization improvements and countless typo fixes for all languages;
  • Massive amount of bug fixes for all aspects of the game;
  • And much more!
Due to the massive changes to the mechanics, all members of the current party in existing saves will receive a special ability, allowing them to perform a one-time free respecialization. The ability will be removed as soon as the party gains access to the usual means of respecialization;

Please be aware of the plot spoilers below!

Note that https://steamcommunity.com/app/2186680/discussions/0/4027970580228219058/ always contains up-to-date information on known issues and the roadmap of upcoming patches.​

Riel

Arcane
I know I am going to buy Rogue Trader at some point in the future but I am damn sure it won't be anytime soon. Not after Wrath of the righteous a game I have never been able to endure until the end because I just can't cope with so much filler combat.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
I know I am going to buy Rogue Trader at some point in the future but I am damn sure it won't be anytime soon. Not after Wrath of the righteous a game I have never been able to endure until the end because I just can't cope with so much filler combat.
I like how this has all the energy of all a man grimly resolving to sleep with a hideously repulsive woman for the sake of family duty.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
I still can't bring myself to replaying it, too firmly embedded in the "play once and forget about it" category of okay games.
Can you explain why, without going into spoilers?
I just feel like when you've seen a good chunk of an Owlcat game, you've seen it all. Trudging through all the level-scaled content again with a different build just doesn't seem worth it. Maybe in 5 years with 6 more DLCs.

Vatnik Wumao

Reinhardt

Arcane
I still can't bring myself to replaying it, too firmly embedded in the "play once and forget about it" category of okay games.
Can you explain why, without going into spoilers?
there is literally one correct path - scourge and purge. everything else is ghey.
And in the case of the heretical route, it was evidently rushed and doesn't flow naturally at all.
well, it's heretic path. not natural by definition, only ghey shit.

Vatnik Wumao
I love you, you edgy bastards :]
:love:
9TKiCn8.jpeg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom