Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Eye of the Commando is an 80s action film-themed dungeon crawler coming to Early Access in September

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Adventurepro Games; Eye of the Commando

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3016480/Eye_of_the_Commando/

Classic turn-based dungeon crawling with an 80s action movie twist! You know the drill: four directional grid based movement, 90 degree rotation, you-go-they-go turns in combat, puzzles and secrets and loot galore. But instead of heading into a basement to fight rats with Yesterday's Knife and a two-copper pleather frock, you're a one man army raiding an island full of non-specific international terrorists with your impossibly huge gun and no shirt!

First Person dungeon crawling in Third Person, a combination we proudly call Thirst Person Dun--

Update: Legal has advised us to choose a different label for our unique blend of genres. Doesn't matter. What matters is all the fun you get have fighting, exploring, and looting. Here's what's in store for you:

Genuine Yes Really Turn Based Gameplay: You, the enemies, the environment, even the enemy bullets all move one tile per turn. Take your time planning your next move, no reflexes required. The only exception is your bullets: your bullets move instantly, at the speed of Freedom.

Item And Equipment Progression and Builds: Find gear on the battlefield to grow in power. Upgrade your armor, grab boots from a dead ninja, and use a plethora of weapon attachments to define your build. Got too many weapon attachments? Find some Duct Tape and add even more. Still too many? Clever players with a bent for exploration will find a use for them...

Handcrafted Maps, Puzzles, and Secrets: No procgen dungeons here! Who plays roguelikes anyway? The game starts with an action heavy beach raid, and proceeds to get deeper and dungeony-er as you explore the island volcano fortress that evil calls home. Secret areas with hidden loot, switches, traps, teleport tiles, conveyor belts, all that good stuff is here. Intentional map design that rewards thinking, exploring, and a tactical approach.

Classic Exploration And Arcade Joy: It's a brand new take on an old favorite style, delivered with a knowing nod to the ridiculousness of 1980s musclemans action movies. The focus is on the fun of exploring, blowing up the bad guys, grabbing whatever they dropped, and seeing what's around the next corner.​

Kev Inkline

(devious)
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The teaser pic catches the general spirit of the art style in the late 80s early 90s much better than the actual gameplay, which looks stylistically unauthentic (even accounting for the modern take), no fidelity found there. I like the buttwink animation when he shoots, though.

kaisergeddon

Liturgist
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
That's a strong pitch, but the video woefully underserves the concept presented in the thumbnail. I agree with Kev and Zboj, but I'll stay optimistic and keep an eye on it. Reminds me of a more testosterone-fueled Islands of the Caliph.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
"Classic turn based dungeon crawling with an 80's action movie twist! Raid, explore, and fight through the grid-based island hq of a group of non-specific international terrorists and deliver hot lead freedom turn after turn. Secrets, puzzles, discovery, oversized weapons and the Commando Spirit!"

ss_919a1ab51d12b24c48d792897a832e9d4f77c654.600x338.jpg

Title: Eye of the Commando
Genre: Adventure, Early Access
Developer: Adventurepro Games LLC
Publisher: Adventurepro Games LLC
Release Date: September 2024

Does not identify as an RPG, Infinitron :rpgcodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom