Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wyvern Crown of Cormyr - Bioware premium module

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: BioWare; Neverwinter Nights

<a href=http://www.bioware.com>Bioware</a> has released <a href=http://store.bioware.com/products/wyverncrown.html>Wyvern Crown of Cormyr</a>, a NWN premium module, featuring fully ride-able horses, tournaments, flowing cloaks, new creatures and tilesets, and other goodness.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote> * Explore the Kingdom of Cormyr on fully ride-able horses
<br>
* Compete in tournaments and joust against thundering opponents
<br>
* The first premium module to showcase flowing cloaks, tabards and long coats
<br>
* Extensive new art, new creatures, two new tile-sets and an enhanced version of the Tir Nan’Og tile-set (a massive 1200+ tile rural/castle/village set)
<br>
* Features a new prestige class, the Purple Dragon Knight
<br>
* Starting level 6 or 7, with new characters leveled automatically
<br>
* A rich, 18-20 hour single-player experience built around an engrossing storyline from esteemed community developer DLA</blockquote>Good for Volly. He deserves it.
<br>
<br>
Thanks, baby arm.
<br>
<br>

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Looks good; but I don't buy stuff on line. Hopefully, BIO/Atari will release a second PM compilation consisting of this, Pirates, and Dungeons. If not, me no play.

Period.

Anyways: HORSIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

suibhne

Erudite
I shudder to admit that I picked up a NWN DVD just to play HotU and the new free non-premium premium module, w/e the hell it's called. (I played through the OC a few years ago and downright loathed it.) I'm not ready to pony up money for something like this without big reviews, tho. :wink:

Walkin' Dude

Liturgist
It sounds interesting, but I will wait for reviews. I recently played Pirates of the Sword Coast, which was fun. Not the best RP experience, but an enjoyable few hours.

I also tried Infinite Dungeons. I wasn't impressed.

Voss

Erudite
Am I the only person who stills plays RPGs and doesn't give a flying fuck about horses? They add nothing to a game that a decent World Map functionality doesn't.

Balor

Arcane
"Am I the only person who stills plays RPGs and doesn't give a flying fuck about horses? They are nothing to a game that a decent World Map functionality doesn't."
Oh yea, you can joust and trample people with a world map! Heh.

Baphomet said:
If the community developer gets royalties from Bioware that's awesome.

Say what you like about Bioware - I do - but they've been VERY supportive of their modding community. Unlike Bethesda "hey, let's ban half the modders and not release a model exporter for Oblivion" Softworks.

Baphomet

Scholar
Yes, Bioware has been teh awesome towards their modders. That there's so many mods really speaks to the leetness of their toolset. I also know that they hired at least one modder based on the awesomeness of his work. I think his name was Rick Burton.

I think I'm basically getting NWN2 for the toolset. I want to play the main campaign but my real interest is seeing what can be done with the tools.

Texas Red

Whiner
Admiral jimbob said:
Baphomet said:
If the community developer gets royalties from Bioware that's awesome.

Say what you like about Bioware - I do - but they've been VERY supportive of their modding community. Unlike Bethesda "hey, let's ban half the modders and not release a model exporter for Oblivion" Softworks.

Yeah, more than 4 years after the release, we get 2 huge 20 hour models(one was for free, the darkness of Daggorford). And not only that, but NWN 2 is actually a month away.

Bioware could be the second coming of the Chris if it would actually do something for the PC. Now it seems that they left it completely(aside from that idiocity Jade Empire).

And no, dont remind me about Dragon Age. Im quite sure that it is remade completely to fit consoles. I believe that because we havent goten any news on it for what, about 2 years? Mass Effect was announced much later and we already know a possible release date, along with gameplay videos, interviews and such. Perhaps they even droped it all together.

Baphomet said:
I think I'm basically getting NWN2 for the toolset. I want to play the main campaign but my real interest is seeing what can be done with the tools.

Same. I expect the campaign will be reasonably entertaining, but I already have a large module planned out. Multiple quest solutions, skill checkery, diplomatic paths, all the goodness.

Texas Red

Whiner
Admiral jimbob said:
Baphomet said:

Same. I expect the campaign will be reasonably entertaining, but I already have a large module planned out. Multiple quest solutions, skill checkery, diplomatic paths, all the goodness.

Obsidian stated that the OC of NWN 2 will have plenty of those points you mentioned.

The Walkin' Dude said:
Admiral jimbob said:
Baphomet said:

Obsidian stated that the OC of NWN 2 will have plenty of those points you mentioned.

I know, but this and this make me feel... well... slightly unenthusiastic.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Now it seems that they left it completely(aside from that idiocity Jade Empire).

And no, dont remind me about Dragon Age. Im quite sure that it is remade completely to fit consoles."

I will mention Dragon Age. We have quite a few details about it. Pay attention.

We have the MMORPG which is likely PC.

We have JE whjether you like it or not.

We also have continued NWN support. NWN is a PC game so it is further proof that BIO hasn't put PC games aside. If BIO were all done with PC games why would they waste time with support for a 4 + year old PC game?

Your logic is retarded.

"Obsidian stated that the OC of NWN 2 will have plenty of those points you mentioned."

Obsidian also claimed they understood what NWN was all about yet they didn't think about the DMC until E3, and they don't plan to work on it until the game goes gold.

They also said rideable horses would be in. Theyw ere cut.

The stated all NWN1 PrC would be included; but at least one has been cut.

I figure NWN2 will be a fun game in its own right; but I don't hold my breath anymore.

No DMC, and NWN2 is automatically worse than its 4+ year old predeessor.

obediah

Erudite
The Walkin' Dude said:
And no, dont remind me about Dragon Age. Im quite sure that it is remade completely to fit consoles. I believe that because we havent goten any news on it for what, about 2 years? Mass Effect was announced much later and we already know a possible release date, along with gameplay videos, interviews and such. Perhaps they even droped it all together.

Right now, I wouldn't bet my fingernail clippings on Dragon Age being released. Talk about jumping the PR gun. If Duke Nukem comes out it may inherit the title of vapourware king.

From a business persepective, the longer it simmers, the less hardkore it is likely to be. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the whole thing was a ruse to keep the considerable BGII fanbase buying console games to keep Bioware allive so that Dragon Age gets made ala Fallout Enforcer.

Of course everything Dragon Age is BS conjecture at this point.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Give me a break. NWN was announced well before its release as well. Some tying your ballz in nuts with your silly conspiracy theories.

Given this is BIO, and not Interplay; there's no need to panick. They don't have a history of cancelling announced projects. Heck, the fact that NWN got released even after all the Interplay-BIo fighting says everything about BIO's ability to get things released.

obediah

Erudite
Volourn said:
Given this is BIO, and not Interplay; there's no need to panick. They don't have a history of cancelling announced projects. Heck, the fact that NWN got released even after all the Interplay-BIo fighting says everything about BIO's ability to get things released.

How about released before I die of old age? For all practical purposes, will be released in 3+ years is the same as won't be released to me.

Voss

Erudite
Balor said:
"Am I the only person who stills plays RPGs and doesn't give a flying fuck about horses? They are nothing to a game that a decent World Map functionality doesn't."
Oh yea, you can joust and trample people with a world map! Heh.

Oooh.. A mini game and (by the D&D rules) bull rush/overrun.

How exciting. Are you hard yet? Going to hump Gaider's leg?

Binary

Liturgist
I bought Infinite Dungeons because I liked the concept, the price was cheap, and I enjoy the occasional dungeon romp.

The fact that it needs to activate through the internet EVERY SINGLE TIME I WANT TO PLAY has totally put me off. I am not buying these friggin modules again.

So Bioware take the copy protection (cd check) out of NWN but put an even worse protection on the modules?

This is probably but a taste of what we'll have as "normal features" of the Windows Vista days...

Mr.Rocco

Novice
Binary said:
The fact that it needs to activate through the internet EVERY SINGLE TIME I WANT TO PLAY has totally put me off.

WTF? You have to be online when you play their modules? What if I don't want to be online when I play the frigging game? That's fucked up.

Mr.Rocco said:
Binary said:
The fact that it needs to activate through the internet EVERY SINGLE TIME I WANT TO PLAY has totally put me off.

WTF? You have to be online when you play their modules? What if I don't want to be online when I play the frigging game? That's fucked up.

lol steam

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom